Blue Badges in Europe !!!

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Stephen & Jeannie, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Kay is now the owner of a blue badge and upon looking through the instructions for use we noticed that the M6 toll rd, the Severn Bridge and various others are toll free for the holders of blue badges. Are there any similar concessions available in France Spain and Portugal ???.....Many thanks in advance for your help ! Stephen and Kay....:thumb:

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

never tried it but great idea. work for parking even in maroc.

3. twooks

twooks Read Only Funster

you get reduced rates on french autoroutes if you show your badge, not sure why you should but you do, can't comment on other countries

try google - I know IAM have info on it - but I think you need to be a member to access the info

4. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

I think you will find that exemptions must be applied for in advance and some, like the M6 Toll require an administration fee of £15 :Sad:

5. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  6. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

To be honest, it depends entirely on who you get in the toll booth in France. If you show your blue badge and the information sheet, which I will find and send you the link, they might charge you 'class 1' which is a car, if they are not in the mood, then they will just charge you Class 2 or even 3 depending on the size of your motorhome.

There does not seem to be a hard and fast rule about this, and we thank them whether they give it us or not! Some you win, some you don't is our philosophy. It can save you quite a bit in tolls. We had some friends which stuck to their guns and argued the point, showing the log book with the disability on etc. Eventually, after the attendant had rung someone - and everybody waiting behind them was getting annoyed - they received their discount. I didn't think it was worth all the hassle.

They do not operate any type of discount in Spain, so we don't even try now!

Ginny