Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... I was going to give yet another example but ... nah can't be bothered! If people can't, or won't, see what we're saying we're wasting energy by typing! :yawn:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Ooh what a can of worms I've opened up. I agree the badge should only be used if the BB owner is exiting or coming to the vehicle. In my mind my wife can't walk and if I needed a disabled bay and you were parked in it as you were running an errand for the BB owner who is sat in the car is that fair ?
I can't park, my wife can't get out of the vehicle as a perfectly able person has vacated the car to do an errand. A perfectly able person who u could park 100 metres away to do said errand in a normal parking bay .

She too claims absolutely nothing , maybe she is entitled to but we don't .She is in immense pain most of the time and believe me like someone else said we'd give up all our goods if she could walk normally again.....

I really just wanted to know any other details like I wasn't aware of the possible reduced pricing on toll roads

I understand what you are saying I really do. My wife can walk. Not far but she can walk. She is in pain from the first step. Folk have this ridiculous expectation disabled people are only disabled if they are in a wheelchair. This is not the case.

No one should judge ! It's not fair or right to judge a person on what is seen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
So ... you don't give any consideration then to parking somewhere else and leaving the place free for a BB holder to use instead? I am not for one minute undermining the time and commitment it takes to care for someone but it therefore appears it's more down to 'convenience' for you ...

Err! Have you actually read any of my replies at to you at all?

Or is it more that I,ve proved my point that the badge holder does not have to exit the vehicle, which was the start of the entire debate and all I was pointing out?

If you want to argue, get your facts right.

Whether or not you agree. Facts are facts.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Or is it more that I,ve proved my point that the badge holder does not have to exit the vehicle, which was the start of the entire debate and all I was pointing out?

Yes I have read your replies, all of them, but you do NOT seem to want to read, or understand mine and those of others. I do have my facts right ... you are happy to use the BB to make it 'easier' for you to run errands for your disabled partner when he stays in the vehicle ... rather than park in a standard way and then run the errand as other able bodied people would. Is that correct?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

I dont think you have proved anything. Reading your post it reads to me that applies if there are 2 bluebadge holders in the car. Why else would it say ..it wasnt illegal to wait while the bluebadge holder returns.
  • badge holders should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while the badge holder sits in the car. Although it is not illegal for a badge holder, or a non-disabled person waiting for the badge holder to return, to remain in the vehicle while the blue badge is displayed, consideration should be given to using a car park wherever possible
Copied from the govt site on Blue Badge rules and regs. So it is acceptable. As argued.m

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It's an emotive subject.... I like to park in marked bays as it's easy to get my chair out in a good space but it doesn't have to be close as I can push for miles as long it's on the level...

The main concern is the fraud of the badges and people abusing the system....

On another similar point, child bays.... They don't have to display a badge saying I have kids...!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I understand what you are saying I really do. My wife can walk. Not far but she can walk. She is in pain from the first step. Folk have this ridiculous expectation disabled people are only disabled if they are in a wheelchair. This is not the case.

No one should judge ! It's not fair or right to judge a person on what is seen.
Agree with your last sentence but disagree with the penultimate ones ... you cannot know for sure that 'folk' have this view, some may, but not all.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I think we have argued this point long enough, each having put our points and thoughts across. We could go round in circles all night. Time we all moved on I think.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I dont think you have proved anything. Reading your post it reads to me that applies if there are 2 bluebadge holders in the car. Why else would it say ..it wasnt illegal to wait while the bluebadge holder returns.
That's an interesting way of reading it ... and I think you're right!
  • badge holders should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while the badge holder sits in the car. Although it is not illegal for a badge holder, or a non-disabled person waiting for the badge holder to return, to remain in the vehicle while the blue badge is displayed, consideration should be given to using a car park wherever possible.
The first sentence is, IMV, the pertinent point ... non-disabled should not benefit in anyway.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I think we have argued this point long enough, each having put our points and thoughts across. We could go round in circles all night. Time we all moved on I think.
... like going round and round a car park looking for a disabled parking spot ... :LOL:;)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
At last......found a space...(y):LOL::ROFLMAO:
image.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I don't have a fancy name for the forum- just plain old me which obviously makes my posts invisible!! :notworthy::LOL:
Noooooo ... I'd posted a couple of posts before irnbru about going to another thread for some 'fun' so I thought I was being referred to and being mistakenly called Bridget! :X3:

Not that there's anything wrong with being called Bridget you understand ... :D

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Cheers for the laugh @Bridget @Minxy Girl. I hadnt realised minxy thought I was calling her bridget.
Its great how wee things can make me chuckle :)

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
May I mention one issue no one has considered where the Badge Holder remains in the vehicle parked in a standard parking bay in a car park.

When the accompanying adult leaves to attend to an errand for the benefit of the Badge Holder...

What can the Badge Holder do if the car were to burst into flames?

It would be difficult enought for an able bodied person to escape.

It's obvious to me to always have an escape route - Is it worth the risk?

Also, would the accompanying adult be held resopnsible should the worst happen?

Something to consider I think...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
May I mention one issue no one has considered where the Badge Holder remains in the vehicle parked in a standard parking bay in a car park.

When the accompanying adult leaves to attend to an errand for the benefit of the Badge Holder...

I can 'see' where you're coming from but IMV that is not something that is ever likely to happen and even if it did what difference would it make if they were in a normal bay or a disabled bay? They would still be able to open the door, not enough to get a wheelchair in admittedly, but I don't think that would be their first thought.

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
You're welcome Sandra (y) Also, easy to see how the written word can be misconstrued or thread not followed. Time to be kind to one another me thinks:)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Been discussing all this with the releva
Yes I have read your replies, all of them, but you do NOT seem to want to read, or understand mine and those of others. I do have my facts right ... you are happy to use the BB to make it 'easier' for you to run errands for your disabled partner when he stays in the vehicle ... rather than park in a standard way and then run the errand as other able bodied people would. Is that correct?

I understand what you are saying. I don't have to agree with it though. Being directly involved and having waited and driven round looking for disabled parking. The fact that we are considerate should prove the point. I'd have thought, and I don't need to be arguing a point that is moot to the vast majority of people. Especially when it started from an erroneous standpoint.

sometimes you just have to walk away.......

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015

Same as what would happen in a theatre, or a hotel or on board a plane or a ship......and that is they sit there until rescued.....or not. Whilst, I as the carer have to leave. That's leave my husband of 44 years almost. And there's Minxy Girl and others talking about me benefitting from the Blue Badge. Ponder that one. Yes, it's personal. Totally 100%

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Same as what would happen in a theatre, or a hotel or on board a plane or a ship......and that is they sit there until rescued.....or not. Whilst, I as the carer have to leave. That's leave my husband of 44 years almost. And there's Minxy Girl and others talking about me benefitting from the Blue Badge. Ponder that one. Yes, it's personal. Totally 100%

Ohh come on please....! Really..! In that case I better not let my other half out of the house or sleep...! She should cater for my every whim...

Don't feed me a sweet or a drink I might choke or then again I might get run over by a bus...! :eek:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I can't see the problem. If the disabled person is in the car why can they not sit there while a carer does the shopping for them. It could be the disabled person just likes going along for the ride. Why not ? Because a person has mobility or disability getting out and about is not only a good idea it is in my opinion necessary !

I actually think it's irrelevant who the shopping is for. The important and realtime thing is that person needs to and should get out at every given opportunity.
seeing it as bending the rules or abuse is at best splitting hairs.

Live and let live friends it costs nothing .
Charlie - you may think that this is what the rules of the scheme SHOULD allow, but even the most generous interpretation of the rules makes it clear that they do not. It would be a shame for someone to get done for misuse of the badge because they genuinely thought that this was within the rules.

Certainly the disabled person can go along for the ride with someone else who does the shopping. But in this case there is no need for the person doing the shopping to use the blue badge parking concession. The only benefit that could be construed to the disabled person is that they would be left alone for a slightly shorter time. But I don't think that would count as a mobility benefit - I wouldn't like to have to argue that one in court. You might succeed if you could prove extreme circumstances, such as the disabled person couldn't be left on their own anywhere & there was no other place for them to be other than with the carer.

The world is as it is, not as we would like it to be.

Last edited:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
It's an emotive subject.... I like to park in marked bays as it's easy to get my chair out in a good space but it doesn't have to be close as I can push for miles as long it's on the level...

The main concern is the fraud of the badges and people abusing the system....

On another similar point, child bays.... They don't have to display a badge saying I have kids...!
And those,child bays are abused extensively by lady drivers of the higher value cars who cant be bothered to walk a few yards and want more room for their Chelsea tractors ..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Been discussing all this with the releva

I understand what you are saying. I don't have to agree with it though. Being directly involved and having waited and driven round looking for disabled parking. The fact that we are considerate should prove the point. I'd have thought, and I don't need to be arguing a point that is moot to the vast majority of people. Especially when it started from an erroneous standpoint.

sometimes you just have to walk away.......
Erroneous ... nope ... I'm surprised at your last comment though ... walk away ... or park where you are permitted as a non-badge holder and walk a bit further .... :LOL: ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
And those,child bays are abused extensively by lady drivers of the higher value cars who cant be bothered to walk a few yards and want more room for their Chelsea tractors ..
Not 'tractors' here but I have tackled those without kids before today using the 'parent and child bays' who seem to think that having a child seat in their car (no child) entitled them to use it! I did however ask one family where the child was when 2 adults and a young lady got out of a car ... they were all able to do so without a problem, no buggy, no holding a kiddy's hand ... the 'young lady' apparently was 'only' 13 ... the way she was dressed she looked at least 20! Obviously being a 13 year old she and her parents couldn't walk from one of the numerous normal parking places and instead they had to take the last 'parent and child' spot nearest to the shop ... that is taking the p*ss.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I will tell you what peed me off this week, twice i had to visit the police station at Bournemouth. on both occassions the disabled bays near the door were taken up with police cars and builders vans....none had a blue badge or a parking ticket
I was left to park round the corner some way away and struggle in on crutches in serious pain. it appears that rules are only rules when it suits

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back