gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
hello everyone i have a truma blown heater problem just bought 54 plate luner champ a601 hot water and blown heating works fine on gas but wont run on 230v ?any one have any ideas please

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi welcome to the Fun..

does anything else work on 240V,,, i.e. plugged into a 3 pin socket?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome!:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hello everyone i have a truma blown heater problem just bought 54 plate luner champ a601 hot water and blown heating works fine on gas but wont run on 230v ?any one have any ideas please

Is it supposed to run on 240V ? Ours does not have that option. I think the 240V is an element round the water heater part of the boiler, not sure if it heats the air.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There are various Truma boilers some of which, as Brian mentioned, are gas only. Truma have a comprehensive set of manuals/handbooks for download from Link Removed. You should be able to find help for your particular appliance there.

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Is it supposed to run on 240V ? Ours does not have that option. I think the 240V is an element round the water heater part of the boiler, not sure if it heats the air.
hi i no this may seem daft but i dont no ?how do you tell i have just upgraded van form a 98 compass drifter which ran on 240

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010

Ours is the same. Only heats the air on gas. I enquired about a collar to heat it on elec.but it seemed more practical to buy a small heater.
Wyn

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi yes all electrics seem to be working fine

what type of unit is it? is it a combi or a wall mounted type unit as they function differently.

the combi normally has 2 circular dials one that determines the power source the other determines wether you have heat or heat and water. you cannot have heat without hot water on gas only on electric. you can have heat alone on electric.
on the wall mounted th heat and hot water sources are separate units.

if its a combi dose the red light come on, on the knob when electric fails

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
some wall mounted Truma heater units only work on gas and dont have an electric element but can be retro fitted.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
which of these have you got?

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 9
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Ours is the same. Only heats the air on gas. I enquired about a collar to heat it on elec.but it seemed more practical to buy a small heater.
Wyn
this is starting to sound better the heater is in a cuboard underneth the fixed double bed and it has 1 control on the wall looks like a thermoststat you can set the dial inside for temp and the outer for hot water only or hotwater and heating does this sound like yours ?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
On the three lunars that we had there were isolation switches in the wardrobe for the heating and water. They were marked ultra heat and ultra store.

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
what type of unit is it? is it a combi or a wall mounted type unit as they function differently.

the combi normally has 2 circular dials one that determines the power source the other determines wether you have heat or heat and water. you cannot have heat without hot water on gas only on electric. you can have heat alone on electric.
on the wall mounted th heat and hot water sources are separate units.

if its a combi dose the red light come on, on the knob when electric fails
you switch it on green light comes on then about 10 to 20 secs red light come on

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
as Lunarman has said, check all switches on the panel in the wardrobe it may well be that this only works on gas. normaly the gas and electric controls are easily identifiable except on the most modern of units where they have a digital controller.

good luck.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you switch it on green light comes on then about 10 to 20 secs red light come on

that happens to us if the power source is missing...... look at your trip fuses and mains consumer unit:thumb:

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
as Lunarman has said, check all switches on the panel in the wardrobe it may well be that this only works on gas. normaly the gas and electric controls are easily identifiable except on the most modern of units where they have a digital controller.

good luck.
the dial has temp control in middle then on out side of that dial is dial to set to either hot water or hotwater and heating and then has a setting for 40 degrees or 60 degrees there are no switchs in wardrobe

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you will have a consumer unit somewhere it is common for the supply to this unit to be on a separate circuit breaker

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i have found charger unit along with lesuire battery all fuses and trips ok

ok. trace the mains cable into the van it will go to a mains type unit then to the charger unit and the 12v fuses.

if the unit has an electrical function which sounds to be the case then either the source is interrupted ( i.e. trip fuse ) or the heating element at the unit is gone.

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
ok. trace the mains cable into the van it will go to a mains type unit then to the charger unit and the 12v fuses.

if the unit has an electrical function which sounds to be the case then either the source is interrupted ( i.e. trip fuse ) or the heating element at the unit is gone.
ok i will do that when it first starts it blows very very low for 20 secs then goes to red but if you swiych gas on it works perfect are the heating elements expensive and easy to fit ?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ok i will do that when it first starts it blows very very low for 20 secs then goes to red but if you swiych gas on it works perfect are the heating elements expensive and easy to fit ?

if it starts to blow low heat then you have got a power supply.... sound heating element not changed one in this type of unit. but, there are parts on line

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
the dial has temp control in middle then on out side of that dial is dial to set to either hot water or hotwater and heating and then has a setting for 40 degrees or 60 degrees there are no switchs in wardrobe

That description is like the control on our van, which is gas only.

The red light comes on when it automatically switches off (which it will do if it is gas only and has no gas supply).

I don't think you can convert a gas only unit to work on both gas and mains.

Best thing is to identify the model number then consult the Truma web site.

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
if it starts to blow low heat then you have got a power supply.... sound heating element not changed one in this type of unit. but, there are parts on line
what is the easyest way to find out if it runs electric

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
what is the easyest way to find out if it runs electric

do as i suggested earlier and trace the mains into the van and to the heater unit.. if it dont go there then its obviously gas only... many are

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
You are describing the control panel for a combi 4/6 if it has electric elements there should also be a power source selector according to the operating instructions Link Removed

Are you sure it has the electric elements fitted?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back