Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest, I just wondered what sort of life you could expect as these awnings are quite expensive and didnt want it going bang after a year or two.
If you use them as they are meant to be, ie not for months on end or constantly in hot sun, and ensure that you release the pressure on the tubes if it gets really warm so they don't pop then there should be no reason they won't last but if you do have a problem don't expect the warranty to be honoured as the suppliers/manufacturers seem to be a bit 'picky' about what they'll agree is a fault and what is just wear and tear with inflatable awnings ... personally I've not heard of people having many problems with a standard pole awning. I suppose the other thing is, if you intend to use if for a long stint then the benefit of having an inflatable awning is decreased - the whole point is it's quick to put up and take down.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I was intrigued by the concept but at my advanced age blowing up a Balloon for the Grand-kids it too hard work!. And the though of lying on the wet grass to get my mouth around the Inlet?. My Arthritis is complaining at the very though!

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was intrigued by the concept but at my advanced age blowing up a Balloon for the Grand-kids it too hard work!. And the though of lying on the wet grass to get my mouth around the Inlet?. My Arthritis is complaining at the very though!

Pete
Wow ... I'm amazed that your 'gob' is that big that you'd even consider it anyway!!!:rofl:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Pete
Some / did came with a pump to inflate and deflate as well ! :pray:

Peter

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
To ensure we are all on the same hymn sheet... which would be nice..

as far as I can determine there are two models of the Kampa Motor Rally Air awnings being sold.. .. 2013 and 2015 models

the AIR and the AIR -Pro they are made with different weight material..

the one in JohnsCross http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/kampa-motor-rally-air-260xl-2013.html
Kampa Motor Rally Air 260XL 2013...
Made of high quality heavy duty 150D weathershield material and with a 5000mm HH

and the 2015 Pro.. the one I have purchased
http://www.kampa.co.uk/air-awnings/motor-rally-air-pro
Kampa Motor Rally 260L AIR Pro
Double coated 300D Weathershield® Oxford Polyester F/R UV protected

the weights give it away.. Weight: 14.5Kg

the Pro Weight: 18.8 kg

label on mine..
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The two models.. don't mix them up.. main difference in RED

2016 Kampa Rally Air Inflatable Awnings

Featuring heavily in the new 2016 Kampa awning collection are the amazing inflatable air awnings, with the ever popular Kampa Rally Air 260 and Kampa Rally Air 390 inflatable lightweight porch offering superb value for money. Both awnings have the patented Kampa single inflation point system with each interconnecting air beam capable of being isolated via Kampa’s ingenious valve system. Made from 150D ‘Feel the difference’ Weathershield heavy duty materials which are flame retardant and UV stable, the Kampa Rally Air awnings have an incredible hydrostatic head of 6000mm with the same hot air taped and sealed seams found on the entire Kampa range. The roll to the side front panels on the Rally Air 260 allow for a veranda style front aspect with the addition of a roll up central panel on the Rally Air 390 which can also be used as a sun canopy.

Both Rally Air awnings have Crystal clear windows with internal blinds, ‘no-see-um’ mesh flyscreen side entrance doors and increased eave ventilation together with rear sealing bumper pads and awning draught skirt. The Kampa Rally Air awning can be fully pitched and pegged out in less than 5 minutes with a cleaver Quickpitch guying system. Storm straps for improved stability during inclement weather conditions and rear upright sealing poles to improve the seal between the awning and the caravan are available as optional extras. Sleeping capacity can be increased with an optional inner bedroom tent which can be used with the new Kampa Rally Air Roof Liner which adds a luxury feel to the internal living space as well as helping to reduce any condensation issues.

2016 Kampa Rally Air Pro Inflatable Heavy Duty Awnings

Since its introduction the Kampa Rally Air Pro range has been a2zcamping’s best selling inflatable awning across almost every size. Now available in four sizes: Rally Air Pro 200, Rally Air Pro 260, Rally Air Pro 330 and Rally Air Pro 390, these incredibly popular inflatable heavy duty caravan awnings feature Kampa’s single point inflation system and each internal air beam can be individually isolated using the ingenious Kampa isolation valve system. As you would expect from a Pro awning, the Kampa Rally Air Pro range are constructed using the ‘Feel the difference’ double coated 300D Weathershield Oxford Polyester fabric which is both flame retardant and UV stable. All major seams are hot air taped and sealed against the elements giving these awnings a superb 6000mm Hydrostatic head.

Using Kampa’s clever Quickpitch guying system, the entire awning can be pitched and pegged out by a single person in less than five minutes. That’s impressive for a family awning packed full of features and offering this level of protection and convenience. New for 2016 are the long awaited removable side panels. This enables the entire Kampa Rally Air Pro range to accept an optional side bedroom annexe (or two if required). But that’s not the end of the story. Kampa have manufactured both a traditional poled bedroom annexe and a super lightweight Air Inflatable bedroom annexe – either can be used with your Kampa Rally Air Pro awning and both include an inner sleeping tent. The annexes are made from the same superb 300D Weathershield materials and obviously match the colour and style of your inflatable family Kampa awning.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Doesn't UV stable just mean that the material itself won't break down, but doesn't necessarily mean the UV radiation can't get through it ... ?

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Doesn't UV stable just mean that the material itself won't break down, but doesn't necessarily mean the UV radiation can't get through it ... ?

yes.. that's what it means..

but my last post was to highlight the fact there are two Kampa models .. standard and Pro .. easy to make a mistake if purchasing..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back