Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are staying at Haycraft CC site in Swanage and the wind is getting on my nerves! Spent late afternoon yesterday tying down another motorhomers awning as it was threatening to fly away (owner was away from site). One of the legs of awning had snapped and it was one hell of a job to hang on as the wind got up and under the awning. Pretty quickly a few other campers turned up to lend a hand and we managed to half dismantle awning and tie it down securely.
Owner turned up an hour or so later and spent another couple of hours trying to fix awning - ably assisted by another couple. It was a pole joint that had snapped but he carried spares - just as well!

Nice to see people get stuck in and lend a hand. ☺

Rob

Last edited:

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Just got back from lake bala in wales

we were being blown around on the camp site a bit & sat morning the noise from the wind was loud (ive heard this before up there in a tent :winky:) so I went to the shore line to get pictures of the waves on the lake.
the wind accross the lake was so strong I had to get down on my knees to stop myself being blown over.

I decided I wasnt paddling as I diddnt have my long boat :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Windy in Derby - put it down to Sunday lunch - haggis, veg and garlic potatoes covered in onion gravy................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back