Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Should of bought a Rapido like me. ...oh hold on..:xgrin:

Spoke with a guy in Italy with the same van as mine whom had the same issue as you. .I best start saving

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
There is nothing more frustrating than when you have booked a long trip and are close to departure the. Get something like this. Forget the unhelpful comments, stick with what you know needs to be done to get you on your way, get the fastest best priced deal you can and bite the bullet. Feels expensive short term but over the life of a van it probably isn't that bad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Rapido know they have a quality control and design issue as this has been going on for years.
Often it is just that the support legs were not cut squarely and smoothed off or even the correct length.
Either the support needs redesigning or they need to keep a better eye on the monkeys

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
oh dear , sorry to hear about your problem especially as im about to drop a lot of money on a Rapido , ill be keeping an eye on that tank , this is the first real negative that ive read about Rapidos

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I`ll Have a Good look at mine ASAP!.

BTW. I had a similar "fault" on the Grey tank in the R-V. Solved it with Sheet plastic self tap screws and LOTS of Black Sealant!!. It is after all only a gravity head of about 8 to 12 inches, even when full. If its a crack, drill the ends with v-small hole to stop it propagating.

Pete

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My tank actually failed while I was away so I did a temporary bodge (I can bodge with the best). I removed the pick-up hose between the (then empty) tank and the pump and connected a longer bit of hose to the input side of the pump which I threaded back to the inspection hatch for the boiler. When pitched the end of this hose was pulled out of the inspection hatch and dunked in an aquaroll just like a tugger. It worked fine while staying on CSs with water but of course I couldn't carry water with me, still worked as a stop gap for a week or so before I came back and could get a new tank.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
oh dear , sorry to hear about your problem especially as im about to drop a lot of money on a Rapido , ill be keeping an eye on that tank , this is the first real negative that ive read about Rapidos
Not read my other post then?
Don't be put off by what you read I still love my van.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Not read my other post then?
Don't be put off by what you read I still love my van.
Thank you hagnap ,I'm seeing my van for the first time next month ,I'm having the dealer do all the extras and I believe that the warranty is for 5 years ,so any trouble it's his problem

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Don't get me wrong, I think the Rapido is a great van despite a few design niggles, but you're going to get those with any van despite what some owners might say.
Before buying this van we spent ages looking at other makes and layouts and kept coming back to the 7090 because it met 90% of our criteria.
Even now when we look at many of the newer vans of all makes we still haven't found one that we could say, yes, money aside we'd swap, so don't be put off

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Don't get me wrong, I think the Rapido is a great van despite a few design niggles, but you're going to get those with any van despite what some owners might say.
Before buying this van we spent ages looking at other makes and layouts and kept coming back to the 7090 because it met 90% of our criteria.
Even now when we look at many of the newer vans of all makes we still haven't found one that we could say, yes, money aside we'd swap, so don't be put off

Thanks for the confidence vote on the Rapido , we had the layout in mind and went looking , at the NEC show we walked into the rapido and straight away we both clicked on the Rapido , since then and even after we have looked at other motorhomes and so far we are convinced that we have the right Van for us:xThumb:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I guess the posters raving about their own vans whilst offering nothing to help the OP are only trying to lighten the thread, but I wouldn't thank you for those replies, they would not lighten my mood, they may just deflect my anger at best :(

Go and create a thread of your own telling folks how lovely your MH is (y)
Really, there was 18 post before you posted above and only 2 (and both said in jest) referred to another make of M/H the other 16 offered advise on alternative tanks and solutions

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back