Bloody Caravaners (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
every caravanner has every electric heater on full blast. Result the whole site has tripped out 3 times so far tonight!

Every caravan ? You personally checked 150 units ?

Like Ian said, the fault lies with the site, when you hire a pitch with an EHU you are entering into a contract.. in this example the site failed to deliver.. your anti-caravaner rant should have been directed at the Club.
I have lost count of the threads on here asking about leccy usage and how much fan heaters etc use.. how many things can I plug in at the same time.. etc .. Why is that do you think?

Like many others on here I have owned everything from tents to an American RV and everything in between, I have never saw myself different.. nor treated anyone else differently. At present I have a caravan as it suits my needs best...

Bear in mind if it weren't for the 2,000,000 + caravaners there would be no CARAVAN sites .. there would be no CARAVAN clubs.. for you to enjoy. They would not stay open long if they depended on motorhomers.

Rants like this do nothing to make everyone feel welcome on Fun .. far from it.. Personally it puts me off ever attending another meet , and even if I do, will suspect that someone is pointing the finger and asking why a tugger is at a motorhome meet .. :Sad:

Live and let live.. we are all Jock Tamson's bairns..

OP
OP
Philiphall

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now

Like Ian said, the fault lies with the site, when you hire a pitch with an EHU you are entering into a contract.. in this example the site failed to deliver.. your anti-caravaner rant should have been directed at the Club.
I have lost count of the threads on here asking about leccy usage and how much fan heaters etc use.. how many things can I plug in at the same time.. etc .. Why is that do you think?

Like many others on here I have owned everything from tents to an American RV and everything in between, I have never saw myself different.. nor treated anyone else differently. At present I have a caravan as it suits my needs best...

Bear in mind if it weren't for the 2,000,000 + caravaners there would be no CARAVAN sites .. there would be no CARAVAN clubs.. for you to enjoy. They would not stay open long if they depended on motorhomers.

Rants like this do nothing to make everyone feel welcome on Fun .. far from it.. Personally it puts me off ever attending another meet , and even if I do, will suspect that someone is pointing the finger and asking why a tugger is at a motorhome meet .. :Sad:

I didn't check the units but the wardens did and there aren't 150 here. they complained about the "caravanners" using heaters and were asking everyone to turn them down. I was using gas.

Obviously I didn't check every unit but then again I'm sure if you were here you would have done..... I will remember that in future when posting to check my facts before posting.

This was not a rant if you ever met me and heard me rant I think you would realise that, this is not a serious forum is it? I always thought the clue was in the "name"

Have a happy Easter :roflmto:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.

Rants like this do nothing to make everyone feel welcome on Fun .. far from it.. Personally it puts me off ever attending another meet , and even if I do, will suspect that [HI]someone is pointing the finger and asking why a tugger is at a motorhome meet[/HI] .. :Sad:

I have only been a member of Fun for a short period of time and intend changing to a motorhome. When I first joined I asked the question 'would we be welcome at meets in our caravan'? The answers seemed to suggest that we would be, but having read this post, I am not so sure. We will no doubt find out at Newbury in May.
Oh yes, and we do use CLs with no hook-up, no showers and no toilet block.

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I have only been a member of Fun for a short period of time and intend changing to a motorhome. When I first joined I asked the question 'would we be welcome at meets in our caravan'? The answers seemed to suggest that we would be, but having read this post, I am not so sure. We will no doubt find out at Newbury in May.

Bill

Don't be fooled most of lot all started camping caravanning a evan little bit of glaming then on to a white tin box with a engine
Some spent many thousands some spent a few thousands and some even bought of eBay
It's all a bit of crack to brighten up a day

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
We are looking forward to the craik and some fun, mostly the fun. ::bigsmile:
We have done the whole gambit of camping from authentic 18th century tents and Tips to modern tents and caravans large and small. :winky:
We are now looking forward to selling our caravan and rangie and buying a motorhome or buying a van and doing a self-build using our caravan as the internals. :Cool:
I am sure we will have a great time at Newbury and the other meets we aim to do while making lots of new friends.:Cool::Cool:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We did Newark last week for our first event and rally
Now I won't pretend it was easy making friends at first in the freezing cold and what with sat in a van all Thursday night and most of Friday but it got better as time went on with more people saying hello and then leading on to a chat
We did not know anybody there at all but Elaine and I enjoyed it and will be attending more rally's this year
As usual the best ice breaker was the dogs and weather
If the sun had been out and barbys out it would have been a lot better
We set off years ago with 14 foot thompson caravan that was rotten when I bought it we dragged the thing all over then the package holidays came along so that was us on to the Spain thing
when kids grew up and left Elaine and I starting camping with a motorcycle that was fun after a few broken backs we ended up with a motorhome so now we have comfy bed and we pull along our trike for a bit of fun

That's part of my life story bet it similar to a lot on here

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We are rallying right now, we have around 65 units here on Chester race course. British Motorhomes, American and European, we also have 3 caravans. One of which, Funster Ben Furnival tows with a Mitsubushi 4 x 4.

ALL OF Thursday and Friday, half his Easter break, Ben was tugging Motorhomes onto their pitches. I'm sure he's not sat in his caravan right now slagging off useless Fiat Motorhomes that can't even handle a bit of wet grass.

We are all camping, who cares what in. I don't, nor does Ben. Neither should you. :RollEyes:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012

Bill

never take threads on here to heart its the name of the game for some of us thats why i for 1 love it here its called fun we welcome you caravan or mh just so long as ya fridge works and its full and not with food :ROFLMAO:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
never take threads on here to heart its the name of the game for some of us thats why i for 1 love it here its called fun we welcome you caravan or mh just so long as ya fridge works and its full and not with food :ROFLMAO:

Well, it works...:thumb:......there might be about 3 litres of wine in there.:wine: but then there is the cold box......................:winky::winky::drink:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have no idea why, but, speaking from experience of both sides of the fence / hobby / whatever you want to call it, caravaners seem reluctant to rely om battery and gas power.. Every caravan I ever go in when its cold always has a fan heater on .. In fact I have, only this week, had a long chat with a local group of caravan enthusiasts and whilst puting the world to rights was amazed to find that not ONE of them would take their tin snail on the road unless it was either going to be warm or they could be sure of EHU
When I said we had spent last weekend in the snow at the Lincoln show, every single one of them was amazed we did not have a BIG genny or big duvets !!
Although they all admitted to having full gas heating, over half did not really know how it worked and the other half said they did not feel the cost of the gas was worth the effort of using it ( or words to that effect )

I think perhaps caravaners ( in general but obviously not all ) are reluctant to plot up without EHU, and usually tend to use it quite a bit compaired to vanners.

As a by the by, is it possible a caravan does not handle the cold as well as a van ?
I have only limited experience of caravan ownership ( did not like it a lot nor the people who I met on the sites we visited.. different breed to mh owners as far as I am concerned ) so this is a quite genuine question and I am neither fishing or poking fun :Smile:

But why should anyone conform th your ideas?

If people buy a caravan with almost everything electric then it's not surprising that they want to use them.

They are all probably saying that they are sick to death of mean motorhomers who park their vans anywhere they like over night despoiling the countryside and sea fronts.

As an ex caravanner and now keen motorhomer I believe that bioth have their good points and bad points and this form of campeing racism (expressed in iother posts) is not good for our image.

Personally I cannot see why "campers" need to drive 40ft motorhomes towing cars - It seems to me that they would be better off in a holiday camp!

(sorry the last bit's just tongue in cheek and intended to warm up all the RVers!!!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back