Blogs.....anyone know the technicalities (1 Viewer)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Does anyone on here know anything about blogs and hosting them etc?

I started my first one on a little website I made but it got very complicated as the number of pages grew

I then went to wordpress - but the company I went with was sold out to someone, and now they have changed all their programmes and it looks like my blog won't be able to be updated. I have been emailing them but don't know for sure what is going to happen

If I go to all the effort of redoing the blog then they decide to change things again its all just too much to keep learning. I thought wordpress was a biggish thing and I wouldnt need to change all the time.

Any advice anyone. Can I keep my wordpress blog and just move it somewhere else. How do all these things work ??????

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I have my blog on Wordpress who also host it.
There are no third parties involved. I use their software which is easy to use and FREE. :xThumb:

There is a link below if you want to have a look.

Richard.

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
We have a blog with WordPress see the site details below. In the page on blogs and blogging there is bit of information. Wordpress have a site which has many tutorials which are very helpful.
http://www.wpbeginner.com/category/wp-tutorials/
I also use YouTube for tutorials, they have been very useful. Just type in the query and look at the tutorial that answers your question.
Hope this has been of some help.
Ewout

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@dippingatoe Ohhh disaster I don't want anything to go wrong with your brilliant Blog I am only half way through it, I wonder if Karl @Gromett has any ideas, or hopefully the other helpful suggestions will help.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas may the a Sun shine and the bus run smoothly. :xsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why not use a Fun Blog. Add pictures, allow followers to comment, if you wish you can separate blog posts into categories, such as Spain Trip or Weight Loss Journey, anything you like. You can choose who gets to see it, anyone, family friends or the world. All here, all free and if you need help I'always here. Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Many thanks Jim. I have a message this morning that they have fixed it. I think they thought I had a web site rather than blog with them. It was set up when Grommet was doing it. But he sold out just after I joined. I paid for a couple of years hosting with them so hopefully all running fine now

Pleased you are enjoying it @Carol :)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Many thanks Jim. I have a message this morning that they have fixed it. I think they thought I had a web site rather than blog with them. It was set up when Grommet was doing it. But he sold out just after I joined. I paid for a couple of years hosting with them so hopefully all running fine now

I feel really guilty about selling so soon after you started. It was a surprise to me too but after 18 years of being available 24 hours a day 7 days a week without holidays I was just burned out by it all. It all happened rather quickly from first offer to the sale completing took only 3 days. This was about 6 weeks after you signed up I believe. I was shocked by the changes the new owner has made and the failures he suffered during the change shouldn't have happened. I can't believe it is almost a year since I got out of the business.

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hope its all going well for you. The site seems fine at present :) I think they were making some changes which probably disturbed the system a bit :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back