Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Like many of you we have a Blog.

When I started it It appeared that I had two choices when selecting the options for bloging.

Option 1 Go for a full online program such as Blogger etc

Option 2 Create my own web blog on a program on my PC/ Laptop which is then uploaded to a bit of web space.

Both have there advantages and disadvantages

The main disadvantage with option 1 was that you had to be online to write a blog. Despite trying to pre write my blog in programs such as MS Word , the moment I copied the text and Photos into Blogger, it lost all its formatting and integrity. This is a well documented problem.

However whislst reading a never ending thread on a blogging on the blogger Forum I came accross a program called MS Live Writer.

I had never heard of it before, so I downloaded it ( Free ) and so far it looks great.

Its a simple Offline Blog authoring program that looks very similar to MS Word.

You set up an coount so that it sincs with your blog on command.

It gives you the ability to be offline and write your blog, add photos, videos etc and format text and so on. Then you can either save it to your hard drive for completeion later or chose to upload it to your blog either as a draft or fully published, using its own FTP program.

You can preview the entry before you send it up.

So far it has passed all the tests regarding appearnce , formatting and useability.

Has anyone else used this program, or am I the last to know about it.

If so what did you think of it.

Neil

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Wordpress has a facility to post via email.
You can write the blog on your computer then email it.

Not sure how/if it handles pictures though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back