Blocked Truma Regulator and Adria (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
Van - an Adria 10 months old. Truma Secumotion Regulator failed whilst we were away a few weeks ago, presumably failure is blockage from 'plasticisers'.

Dealer does not want to know as Adria have said they will not replace blocked regulators under warranty. Dealer says this is the industry norm nowadays.

Anybody any recent experience of this issue and warranty?

Many thanks

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Tell your dealer that the regulator is not fit for purpose and insist they change it under warranty if they refuse go to CAB with a view to recovering your costs through small claims court they will advise, remind your dealer your contract is with them under sale of goods act

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am interested to read any comments Johns Cross may have about these not being covered by warranty and how this falls within the sale of goods act?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

john+julie

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none new
been there with this one, reg people say its the pipe or gas, they say its the reg. inconclusive after tests why some fail some dont, they know they have fault with regs but wont remove them from sale as thats partially admitting there is a fault. mine failed on lunar lexon after 6 months with minimal usage

buy a gaslow reg and hose with 5 years guarantee £70

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Regardless of warranty the sale of goods act must apply
what is any dealers opinion on this I wonder, Peter normally replies with helpful posts what do you do with Swifts Peter?Have you had regs fail under warranty?

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
I've had two replaced under warranty, the third time it went faulty it was replaced but not at the selling dealers and they were unwilling to put in a claim as they said it would be refused anyway, so I just paid to save hassle. I have since bought a Gaslow regulator and two of their metal hoses. Hopefully that will be the end of it!

OP
OP
A
Oct 24, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
I too am now going down the Gaslow Clesse regulator with 5yr warranty and stainless steel pipes.

Written to my dealer today looking to him for reimbursement - my contract is with him though

1. he has so far not explained how/why failure/blockage of reg is not covered

2. expects me to take it up with Adria and Truma!

Arthur

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I have personally seen regulators clogged with oily residues from Truma(GOK) and other manufacturers. I've seen bottle mounted regs clogged with it, I've seen it on butane regs, I've seen it in regs only ever used on Calor cylinders. It happens and its very difficult to establish what the original cause is as I've seen evidence of it from so many varied sources including Calor cylinders.

Whose responsibility is it to replace the reg or at least pay for replacement? well whoever proves to be responsible for the oily gunge that is doing the damage. seems to me its the gas producers then, fancy taking BP (purely used as an example) to court for your regulator costs?

D.

OP
OP
A
Oct 24, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
Dave

You are far more qualified than me on such technical issues but in 21 years using bottle mounted regulators, butane and propane, I never had a problem.

Since the 30mb regulator was introduced, bulkhead mounted, I've had 2 fail in 4 years, in 2 different vehicles.

Seems to me therefore that gas producers unlikely to be the problem?

Arthur

DiscoDave

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
The north
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
properly 4 years, playing at it for ages
I've had the same problem, with the secumotion in my adria, I cleaned it up and it got me out of the trouble for a few weeks, but it went again!

I replaced it with a regulator from magnum motorhomes that is identical to the gaslow one with the 5 yr waranty, but at £25.

I did ask the dealer and was told that this was a truma issue not a dealer issue - suprisingly the dealer was just as dis-interested after a major mechanical failure on the engine of the motorhome after three days and under 100 miles of ownership! :Angry:

OP
OP
A
Oct 24, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
I've had the same problem, with the secumotion in my adria, I cleaned it up and it got me out of the trouble for a few weeks, but it went again!

:

Hi DiscoDave

How did you clean it up? I blew through mine (by mouth not presssure hose) and it worked again for a few days but then went terminal!

Arthur

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It matters little what the dealer say is warranted
The overall warranty can be played about with and restricted in many ways :Doh:
What they cant mess with is your staturay rights and that includes the first 12 month all in warranty, as is to be expected with anything new, and yours appears to be only 10 month old
So shout louder:thumb:
Geo

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
It matters little what the dealer say is warranted
The overall warranty can be played about with and restricted in many ways :Doh:
What they cant mess with is your staturay rights and that includes the first 12 month all in warranty, as is to be expected with anything new, and yours appears to be only 10 month old
So shout louder:thumb:
Geo

I agree, the problem with the plastisers in the pipes has been known for a fair length of time. Certainly over a year.

The Vehicle should have been supplied with suitable pipes as well as a suitable regulator.

Rgds

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back