Blocked Shower

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Busybeeyellam, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Busybeeyellam

Busybeeyellam Read Only Funster

Hi, I'm still a relative newcomer and on my first extended trip. I'm in France and having problems with the shower draining very slowly. I've removed any debris from the drain, but still water is taking ages to drain from the floor plan. My van is a Pilote Reference. I'll be grateful for any advice about what the problem is, and even more grateful for a solution. Do I use a action cup ?

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

You could try some boiling water down the plug hole.... just in case there is any stuff been put down that has solidified...

Or if you can get a plunger try that... alternatively put some water in the tray and make up a sort of cloth pad and use that as a plunger... pumping it up and down over the plug hole...

Other than that if you can get one of those flexible wire things you poke down the plug hole.. :thumb:

Good luck..

3. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Had the same problem in all our vans!!!
    On this one dismantled pipework and all was clear.
    Solution is to take out the drain plug from the shower tray, all will run clear then!! :Smile:

4. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Could be the shower gel you are using? some of them "foam" the foam solidifies in the pipe, you might need something like "Mr Muscle drain cleaner" to move it

5. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

We have a reference 690 but luckily it all drains fairly well. In previous vans there have been some slow drainage simply due to inherently poor design and air locks - the Lunar was dreadful for this. We do "purge" the system every now and again either with some soda crystals, or cheapo diet cola.

Only had this van for all of 4 weeks so no issues yet, but always alert to it. Hope you can find a cure.... Cheers

6. DuxDeluxe

Why do I have a vision of Old Mo pumping up and down over a plug hole? :Blush:

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

try pouring a couple of bottles of coke down the shower drain. if this fails, the pipe is likely too blocked for it to clear. the only solution then is strip the pipes out and either clean them manually or replace them. the pipes are much smaller than the ones in your house, so drain much slower anyway leaving greasy deposits to build up.

nasty smelly stuff the grease that builds up from soap and body oils, so prevention is better than cure. once clear use a bottle of cheap cola every few months to dissolve any build up

• Like Like x 1
  8. DuxDeluxe

........and let it slop around in the grey tank for a while before draining it. It really works!

9. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

It may sound obvious but is your motorhome level or on a slight slope?
    We had a similar issue as newbies but our m/h was on a slight angle which because we only doing a quick overnight stop hadn't bothered putting on the levellers. Had a quick shower and the water was really slow to drain. Moved the angle slightly and hey presto