Blind spot mirror on two part coach style mirrors (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
I have a Hymer B704 2016 with the two part coach style mirrors. The larger, top mirrors are electrically moved and function correctly.

I am having a problem with the smaller, lower, blind spot mirror that is manually adjusted. On the offside. The near side seems to be the same.

If I centre the blind spot mirror in the housing I can push the left edge and turn the mirror towards the body. I can't move the mirror to the right to view the blind spot if I recentre it and push the right hand side.

I wonder if the mirrors are handed and the wrong one has been fitted. (The housing has changed on delivery as the motor to adjust the larger mirror had failed). An alternative might be that the design is suitable for LHD (we are RHD) and a solution is not possible. I can stick on a small blind spot mirror but would rather not.

Is anyone able to tell me if their offside blind spot mirrors can be turned to the right please?

Jeremy

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I dont think the bottom mirror is actually a blind spot mirror.
I have the top larger mirror pointing slightly outwards so I can see the edge of the van and the blind spot.
The lower mirror i point inwards, and downwards so that the side and skirt of the van are visible.
We drive a lot on motorways and have found this works just fine

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
I had this problem on the Liner when we got her.I found I couldn't adjust the actual mirror far enough with the motor.What was needed was the mirror housing adjusted hence allowing the motor to move the mirror a bit further in.
It also helped adjusting the bottom manual mirror.
I got into the mirror housing by removing the back panel,loosening off the retaining nut then adjusting the whole housing then....'fine tuning' both mirrors.....sorted.

Hope this helps and makes sense !!!:D

ps....My mate has the same set up as you........I'll ask him about your problem.(y)

John P.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back