Blind Repair / Restring?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by RowleyBirkinQC, Jul 1, 2015.

1. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

Hello All,

Whilst away in France recently, Cindy broke one of our lounge blinds due to her "man strength". We have a 2006 AT Tracker with folding/concertina blinds which pull up from the bottom, which then clip to fly nets which pull down from the top (hope that makes sense). It seems madam has either broken or dislodged the strings, as there is no tension in the blind now.

I've no idea what blind type we have and before I attempt any amateur hamfisted repair, I thought it best to consult the forum on my (best) options - do you think the blind can be repaired or should I replace it?

Thanks for any pointers!

Darren

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

I have re stringed a couple of heki roof blinds. If you can remove the blind cassette from the window (maybe remove corner pieces and unscrew?) then all will be revealed. Can't help much apart from that but a really good idea to post some pictures of it all. Cheers

3. s20hymer

s20hymer Funster

hya had same problem i opened window and from outside i could see the cords...the anchor at bottom had come unstuck .. pulled it down glued with super glue.. been o/k for years....hope this helps

• Like Like x 1