Bleep + ECU light.

Discussion in 'Peugeot' started by shezza, Jan 24, 2010.

1. shezza

shezza Read Only Funster

Hi All, Over the past few weeks I have been up to my van (in storage) each weekend either to take it for a run or just start it up.
    And every weekend it takes many turns to get the engine started, almost to flat battery stage. On turning the engine there is a bleep and an OIL sign comes up on he display. I have checked the oil and it is at its level.
    But as mentioned earlier the ECU light stays on for many miles after it starts.
    Any Ideas. The van is six months old.

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

damp conditions are causing a number of ECU "faults", most clear up after a good run. Motorhome batteries will deplete in the winter months if not kept on hookup or boosted with solar power. A 5W solar panel keep the engine batteries in the beast in good order, plenty of grunt in the battery. But then I don't have a power hungry alarm to cope with. the battery in any modern car with an imobiliser will gradually go flat over a period of several weeks to do keep on top of the charging and fluid levels.

3. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Methinks a quick call to your local base vehicle service agent is called for. It's under warranty after all isn't it?

John

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

the ECU light shouldnt come on at all except on turning on the ignition or in a fault situation.

worth getting it checked out.