bleeding water pump (1 Viewer)

S

Soccer12

Deleted User
dont want to burn out the pump, how long should it take to get water in the lines and to the faucets. Teh pump hasn't been used before.

Thanks

itexuk

Free Member
Apr 3, 2008
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat x250
Exp
Depends on how big your hot water tank is as that has to fill but about 60 to 120 seconds
Make sure there is plenty of water in the fresh water tank.
Turn on pump electrics.
Pump should start to run
Turn cold kitchen tap on low, after a few seconds air and water will start to come out. Let the water run until all air is out of system.
Do the same with all other taps and then do the same for the hot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Soccer12

Deleted User
thanks

I am doing that for several minutes without any results.

could it take longer? am I at risk of damaging the pump?

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Is the pump 'self-priming'? If not, you probably won't get water through it without priming it first.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Yes, you are in danger of burning the pump out. You shouldn't run it dry for more than 10-15 seconds. On our RV water is at the taps within seconds.
It sounds as though the pump isn't priming, they'll will suck air rather than water if at all possible.
The causes I can think off
  1. The intake pipe may have come adrift
  2. Intake pipe may have even collapsed
  3. Membrane has a hole in it
  4. Shaft snapped
If it's possible I'd pull the outlet pipe off the pump and try again. If it's not pumping uphill it may be able to start pumping. At least you'd know if the pump was working or not!
Without knowing the vehicle it's a little difficult to diagnose but as you said faucet I'm guessing American.

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
S

Soccer12

Deleted User
American is correct, 2000 Winnebago Adventurer. The pump has never been used I wonder if it is possibly a seal or something.

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
On my last motorhome the pump had a rubber membrane which had split so it didn't pump. Unfortunately the pump was damaged by water being on the wrong side of the membrane and I had to buy a new one anyway.

Regards
Doug

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi, disconnect the outlet pipe and see if it pumps water out, (have some one handy to turn pump off if it does!)

If it does'nt, more than likely rubber membrane has split, fairly easy to replace if you can get spares. Lindy C might know.

If not buy a Fiamma Aqua 8 pump, good pump and spares available if ever needed.

See our website and search Fiamma products if you want one.

REgards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back