Blaupunkt Satnav (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We got a Lucca Satnav system with our van, at the time the handover guy said it wasn't the best, he was right.

How do I enter a POI using co-ordinates?

Rgds
Bill

alnshaz

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
south yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
:cry:
hi bill.sorry to say i don't think you can.i found the satnav to be next to useless,and like thefman,i use tom tom.
the problem i have had with mine,which materialised only recently,is the habitation door.i'm currently waiting for someone to contact me about my current one [ the second ] which has only been on two weeks and the locking mechanism has failed.

regards alan:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

I have a binnetone carrera. I only bought it about two months ago. It was loaded with uk and european maps so I thought it was a good deal. I cant even programme a destination using co-ordinates. Well cheesed off. I'm soliciting for a tom tom for xmas.

Cheers

Jim:Smile:

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
I've been doing a bit of digging around and it seems that a POI upload was possible with the previous Lucca model using LuccAssist so on that basis it should be possible with the latest type, haven't cracked it yet though.

Having said that it did manage to take us round France this summer with no problems.

I shall keep trying on the POI scene though.

Rgds
Bill

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Finally found a Blaupunkt notice, in german, dated august 2007, 'it is not possible to download POI co-ordinates to Lucca 5.2'.

ayjaytee

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
Leics
Funster No
MH
LP 2berth
Exp
Blaupunkt Lucca 5.2

We got a Lucca Satnav system with our van, at the time the handover guy said it wasn't the best, he was right.

How do I enter a POI using co-ordinates?

Rgds
Bill
I got a Lucca 5.2 satnav which also serves the reversing camera but,since I got it
on March 3rd,I have been unable to use it.The dealer's address was set as Home but
I can't delete it.Every time I type my address into the box,the dealer's address comes back on and also,I can't get the reversing camera on it.The manual tells you to have maps on the screen,put van in reverse gear with the engine running and the camera
will come on,but it doesn't.I have emailed Blaupunkt support but had no reply.
Can anyone help,please?

ayjaytee

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
Leics
Funster No
MH
LP 2berth
Exp
Bessacarr habitation door

:cry:
hi bill.sorry to say i don't think you can.i found the satnav to be next to useless,and like thefman,i use tom tom.
the problem i have had with mine,which materialised only recently,is the habitation door.i'm currently waiting for someone to contact me about my current one [ the second ] which has only been on two weeks and the locking mechanism has failed.

regards alan:Angry:
Hi Alan
Apart from the Lucca 5.2 satnav which came with the Elegance pack for my E 510,the
habitation door won't shut unless it it slammed very hard.Several people have tried,in vain to alter it.
Regards
Alan

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
I also had a Lucca 5.3 supplied with the MH and at first I hated the thing and was on the verge of skipping it as I just couldn't get my head around how it worked but my natural obstinacy prevailed and I have at last worked out how to use it I think !.
I took it indoors and played with it for ages ( the lucca that is ) and gradually found out how to use it, but I wouldn't say it is the most user friendly thing I have used and it also has to many functions for myself. The reversing camera on mine didn't work at first but I found that the lead going into the socket on the mounting bracket wasn't quite pushed home it went in with a click and it has been working since then.

John.

ayjaytee

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
Leics
Funster No
MH
LP 2berth
Exp
Lucca 5.2

I've tried pushing the plug in but it didn't work.Blaupunkt don't reply to my emails.

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Hi Ajaytee
Is the lucca switched on when you reverse I know this sounds obvious but it caught me out (Dohhh) also try selecting the navigation mode this works for me I also get sound from mine so I can hear the wife telling me when to stop (good job she can't hear what I'm saying). Hope this helps.
John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back