Blaupunkt Lucca Mobile Navigation (1 Viewer)

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Has anyone updated the Lucca Mobile Navigation System that came with the 2007 year Swift Bolero Motorhome? If so I would be interested as to how to do it as I'm going to France next week.

Thanks

Jack the Rev

or email me @ jmoore2006@btinternet.com
:thumb:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
You can download the latest firmware for the Lucca from the Link Removed website and you can purchase the latest maps from Link Removed. It's a lot cheaper to buy from them than it is to go through a Blaupunkt dealer. We regularly sell the DVDs for Mercedes systems and it's hundreds of pounds cheaper!
Let me know if I can help at all.

Regards
Doug

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have the Lucca system in my Bessacarr and we have used it in France with no problems. All I had to do was to change the region to France from UK and it worked fine. If it is the same version you have the maps for northern europe are preloaded. it is also possible to change the units from miles to kilometres,makes it a bit easier when navigating.

hope you enjoy yourself.

Rgds
Bill
:Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
Daft price

Who on earth is going to pay £80+ for updated maps when you can get a complete system for less. No wonder some people use pirate copies!
Surely to goodness we have paid for the unit and a charge of £5 - £10 would be more than reasonable
Barry

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Who on earth is going to pay £80+ for updated maps when you can get a complete system for less. No wonder some people use pirate copies!
Surely to goodness we have paid for the unit and a charge of £5 - £10 would be more than reasonable
Barry

The cheap units come with some pretty dated software and maps. Very, very rarely will you find one capable of being updated. So the whole thing becomes disposable.
We're regularly asked for maps for them but we can't even replace them with a different satnav program as the unit is keyed to the software.
There was an interesting article on TomTom a couple of years ago. They do not make a profit on the hardware selling it to DSG at cost price. Where TomTom do make the profit is on selling the extra maps and updates.
It's a massively labour intensive effort gathering all of the data on the millions of miles of roads. TeleAtlas and Navteq do make profits but it's not huge.
It's not all products that cost £80 to upgrade. Buying an upgrade to factory fitted sat nav costs hundreds from the dealer. At the other end of the scale, the Navigator solution that we sell costs £45 for a european upgrade. The new truck edition comes with 3 years maps upgrades included although that's more expensive to buy in the first place.
My advice is stick with the big names, TomTom, Mio, Garmin etc. At least you're going to be able to buy new maps!

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back