Blackwater Campsite Fermoy Ireland (1 Viewer)

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi just moved yesterday from the Blackwater Campsite very near Fermoy Ireland.

A nice campsite which is unusually close to a town about 500 yards in fact. Easy to find, level pitches ehu showers (Token required) washing machine and dryer (Token required) a swimming pool/park next door.

Fermoy has numerous small pubs takeaways and a couple of restaurants and two big supermarkets Lidle's and Supervalu.

We enjoyed 4 days here and even found a free wifi connection from the site but it was a slow connection.

Pat the owner of the site is really nice and in fact opened up early for us and some friends

2lb13lj.jpg

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
Good to hear some info on irish campsites.
You never know when it will come in handy.

Where are you heading for next?

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
i went there two yrs ago...he wouldent let me park in a bay,cos he sed i wouldent get in one, so he wanted to put me outside the toilets,and then, he wanted to charge me for three vans...his excuse was because of the size of my rv. i jus turned the key and left....he may be very nice etc, but, a bit of a chancer,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Smudger

Sorry you had a bad experience at Blackwater we had no problem at all, as I said a nice site handy for the town with lots of pubs/takeaways in easy walking distance from the site. Pat was helpful and apologised that the shower was not working due to the pump being broken.He allowed us on to the site although he was not opening till the 17th March. He only charged us the standard rate as well!!!

Hi Blokarter

We are now at Streamstown near Roscrea the nice lady again allowed us on site although not strictly open yet, I will do a report soon.

We will be leaving here tomorrow (Thursday) and heading for my relatives near Swinford Co Mayo for a wedding on Saturday.

Regards Pat

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we have been thinking about going to Ireland for a while now, is it as expensive as people say, I know the ferry cost an arm and leg. ::bigsmile: But I do like the :drink::drink::drink:
Its just so much easier to go to France, but I don't really like Larger so end up on :wine::wine::wine: ::bigsmile:. Bob.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
We spent a couple of months over there touring Southern Ireland about 4 years ago and we had a whale of a time - wonderful people, good food, good booze and absolutely out-of-this World scenery!

We didn't find it any more expensive than over here - we haven't been back to France for about 14 years now so really cannot comment on their prices anymore.

Accepted the ferry is very expensive - but that is only a part of the expedition - the rest of the trip more than made up for the ferry expense.

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Dick, the ferry we would use Tesco points, they take them on Irish Ferries and Stena :thumb: I think we might go next year, as this year is sort of planned :winky: as far as planning goes :Smile: we have a couple of ferries booked over to France. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But we fancy a couple of months touring around Ireland.:thumb: Bob.

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I myself like a pint of the black stuff and prices here are down on last year, so far I have had to pay an average of 3.75 Euro a pint, which is on par with my local back in Southampton and it has to be said a much better pint!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

One bad point is they don't do splashes of mixers coke/soda/lemonade etc you have to buy small bottles (2.8 Euro) so Sue's vodka and diet cokes are costing around 6 Euro which is obviously more than in England:Sad::Sad:

That said she reckons the vodkas are bigger measures!

Regards Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back