Blackberry 64gb playbook only £129 (1 Viewer)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Some people (sheep) say the Apple products are the best:ROFLMAO:

like the new iphone

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4[/ame]

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well I paid the extra £32 for an automatic swop for new, but I have put my google login and blackberry login in it, and there doesn't seem any way to remove them.

It also won't connect to my PC, so I can't get in that way.

Ian

sorry to hear about the problem Ian.. don't let it put you off, it's a great bit of kit..

I've 'played' with mine a lot.. adding and removing apps, sidleloading and generally messing about with it and getting to know what's under the hood.. and no issues.. but it's been abducted by Charlotte who gives it a lot of stick .. she was off school today with glandular fever and used it all day in bed .. watching TV on Catchup, on FBook, chatting on the video to Paul, playing games etc etc .. she loves it..

I'm sure you will have done this, but if not, change your Google and BB passwords and get it exchanged..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I really like the Print to Go feature.......if you are travelling you can take copies of all your documents with you.......anything you can scan will wirelessly transfer to the Playbook.....its a great and handy little tool.

barry

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just emailed their support, be interesting to see if I get a response before I take it back to PCW tonight.

Ian

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Just emailed their support, be interesting to see if I get a response before I take it back to PCW tonight.

Ian[/QUOTE

The phone helpline is free for 3 months....Ive used them twice and they have been very helpful..........number is on packaging.If you cant find it let me know

barry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Make sure pc world do not invoke /use the 32 quid exchange bit they only use it once I.E. once they exchange it once that is it you loose your exchange
Terry

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Anyway Im now considering replacing my ancient nokia with a cheap blackberry..so I can link the two via "bridge" might be useful in remote places or even on the continent..just for emails.

So .................what about the blackberry 9320 for about 130.......and any views about what provider with europe in mind ?

barry:Smile::Smile:

Good thing about BB handsets, is you can BB message to another BB handset or BB Playbook for FREE pretty much worldwide as long as you have edge/3g or similar. In the interest of fairness, the IPhone now has a similar system. I use both systems from here in Afghanistan, to talk to the family and SWMBO.

Dai

Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Playbook Update.....

Saturday morning unpacked PB from box plugged it into socket and turned on. Sat back and reread posts on Fun forum. Also had a good read of Crackberry forum.

Downloaded DDBB to PC
Then java 64 to PC
Installed Blackberry device manager.

First App to "sideload" using DDBB was a game for the grandkids, just incase it all went pear shaped. Game loaded and works ok. (game came from the link on the fun forum and was converted already to the .bar format)

Updated two other games on the PB that the PB told me itself that could be updated.

Sideloaded more apps:
Kindle
Airbrowser
Chess game (from the .apk to.bar website link)
Bones of the body.
AVG (haven't opened it yet, will do this when i'm on the road. Drive for a living)

Subscribed to the official Blackberry site on youtube
Also a couple of other relavent youtube info PB links.

PB Tips and tricks forums were viewed.

Very happy with the Tablet, I went wrong with it a few times in the start as we all do, but patience prevailed fortunately. Otherwise I'b be back on here or Crackberry for answers.

Forgot to mention a thanks to Langtoftlad, for his input, so would like to do it now.

There must be a lot of funsters who went out and bought this product. I'd like to think as we progress with the PB, we could update using this thread what people have added to their PB. This was good that was not so..............and so on.

Really pleased with mine, just have to put two more educational games on it as the grandkids are coming here after school ( ages are 4 and 6 )

I have emailed Memory-Map earlier as I would like to copy my OS maps I have on the lappy on to the PB. I think it would not be a simple transfer due to the Qnx OS on the Playbook. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Make sure pc world do not invoke /use the 32 quid exchange bit they only use it once I.E. once they exchange it once that is it you loose your exchange
Terry

Not from what the salesman said to me Terry, its unlimited exchanges for 3 years.

Ian

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Playbook Update.....

Saturday morning unpacked PB from box plugged it into socket and turned on. Sat back and reread posts on Fun forum. Also had a good read of Crackberry forum.

Downloaded DDBB to PC
[HI]Then java 64 to PC[/HI]
Installed Blackberry device manager.

First App to "sideload" using DDBB was a game for the grandkids, just incase it all went pear shaped. Game loaded and works ok. (game came from the link on the fun forum and was converted already to the .bar format)

Updated two other games on the PB that the PB told me itself that could be updated.

Sideloaded more apps:
Kindle
Airbrowser
Chess game (from the .apk to.bar website link)
Bones of the body.
AVG (haven't opened it yet, will do this when i'm on the road. Drive for a living)

Subscribed to the official Blackberry site on youtube
Also a couple of other relavent youtube info PB links.

PB Tips and tricks forums were viewed.

Very happy with the Tablet, I went wrong with it a few times in the start as we all do, but patience prevailed fortunately. Otherwise I'b be back on here or Crackberry for answers.

Forgot to mention a thanks to Langtoftlad, for his input, so would like to do it now.

There must be a lot of funsters who went out and bought this product. I'd like to think as we progress with the PB, we could update using this thread what people have added to their PB. This was good that was not so..............and so on.

Really pleased with mine, just have to put two more educational games on it as the grandkids are coming here after school ( ages are 4 and 6 )

I have emailed Memory-Map earlier as I would like to copy my OS maps I have on the lappy on to the PB. I think it would not be a simple transfer due to the Qnx OS on the Playbook. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hi Dai
You might like to read the post today about Java, the jist of it is Java is not recommended
:RollEyes:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not from what the salesman said to me Terry, its unlimited exchanges for 3 years.

Ian
Unless things have changed ???? It was a insurance backed jobby,once a claim made no more cover ---get it in writing :winky:
terry

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Just worked out how to take iplayer downloads to your computer and put them onto the playbook..........very useful to take bbc progs away with you.

I used Aimersoft DRM converter ( trial copy I will buy it now I think unless anyone knows something better ).......which works well when set up right.
outputted sound as MP3 and video to MP4.....seems to work a treat.

barry

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Just worked out how to take iplayer downloads to your computer and put them onto the playbook..........very useful to take bbc progs away with you.

I used Aimersoft DRM converter ( trial copy I will buy it now I think unless anyone knows something better ).......which works well when set up right.
outputted sound as MP3 and video to MP4.....seems to work a treat.

barry

Been looking at Aimersoft this afternoon and I have decided not to use them

The test worked ok........but I am not impressed with the backup /support
for this software..........they actually seem a shambles.

So dont part with your money........there must be a better way :Smile:

barry

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi PCW changed it without a quibble, and reiterated its unlimited exchanges for 3 years. All working ok now and have just sideloaded the Kindle ap. Tried an ebay one but although DDPB said it had loaded it hasn't appeared on the screen.

Ian

Ps. Strange its just appeared :Smile:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi PCW changed it without a quibble, and reiterated its unlimited exchanges for 3 years. All working ok now and have just sideloaded the Kindle ap. Tried an ebay one but although DDPB said it had loaded it hasn't appeared on the screen.

Ian

Ps. Strange its just appeared :Smile:

glad your all sorted Ian ..

plenty of good sideloading apps here

includingLink Removed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Is this tablet the same sort of thing as the new Kindle Fire HD?

Thinking of buying a cheaper tablet for my step Dad for Xmas.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Is this tablet the same sort of thing as the new Kindle Fire HD?

Thinking of buying a cheaper tablet for my step Dad for Xmas.

more or less.. quite a few back to back reviews if you Google ..

Read this one http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-gadgeteer/forget-the-amazon-kindle-fire-the-bb-playbook-is-now-the-best-low-cost-tablet/5498

The Kindle Fire is excellent if you want the ultimate Amazon experience, but if you want a richer tablet experience then check out the updated PlayBook. You can get the Amazon experience on the PlayBook, but you can't get the PlayBook experience on the Kindle Fire.

here is a uTube one

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTqshtptXjk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTqshtptXjk[/ame]

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim I want Calibre, then I can put a load of books on and sort them easily. Kindle's ok but has no real sorting abilities apart from search.

Ian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hello Jim, here's another really dumb question for you.

Why are they called sideloading apps?

these are apps that have been converted from Android apps by developers and not yet in the Blackberry Playbook Store.. so in order to run they need to be 'sideloaded' .. using a piece of software or loader called DDPM Loader . They can also be sideloaded using a Chrome extension .. called PlayBook App Manager

The PlayBook has a built in Android emulator that makes it possible from them to run..

Many apps already in the PB store are converted android apps, and approved by RIM , you know it's a converted app when you see the emulator initializing with the BB Logo ..

Not all the converted apps work well, I have tried many, dozens in fact, and quite a few have 'frozen' or not done as expected.. but no big deal , they are easy to remove.

Hope that helps

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim I want Calibre, then I can put a load of books on and sort them easily. Kindle's ok but has no real sorting abilities apart from search.

Ian

Hi Ian

Sorry, I'm not up to speed on readers .. try a seach on Crackberry ..

I found this .. may be of some help Link Removed

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just found "leger Calibre" dumping 2gig of books on it and will see how it performs. :Smile:

Ian

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Can't get it to work jim, supposed to give you two ways to find the library on the playbook, auto and manual, you only get auto and it can't find the library so your stuffed.

Tried adding a folder to the playbook along with the other main folders and you can't do that nor can you rename them. Thought if I renamed "Books" to "Calibre Books" that might sort it.

Ian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can't get it to work jim, supposed to give you two ways to find the library on the playbook, auto and manual, you only get auto and it can't find the library so your stuffed.

Tried adding a folder to the playbook along with the other main folders and you can't do that nor can you rename them. Thought if I renamed "Books" to "Calibre Books" that might sort it.

Ian

Have you installed AiR Browser on the PBook .. ?

free from BB App store.. you can can explore, delete, rename , extract and compress files .. and a lot more..

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Found out from the reviews on your link that it needs to go in the Android directory. But it's not a reader just a file system. Booted it.

Got airbrowser but it's the same, folders in the root can't be renamed nor can you add another

Ian

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back