Black streaks (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
CHAUSSON FLASH 08
Exp
SINCE 2009
Can anybody suggest how I can stop the black streaks that appear down the bodywork panels of our Chausson when it has been left for a couple of weeks during which it has rained. It is stored outside, slightly front down and the worst streaks are caused by run off from the top that comes down between and above the doors and the windscreen. I go on the roof and wash it all the over using protection stuff prior to a winter, but that hasn't stopped it. It also runs down from the corner of some of the windows and in certain places down from the black sealant under the beading at the top of the body panels.

It washes off quite easily, provided you use something besides a water and a brush/hose pipe. But why does it keep appearing?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hello,this is a very common problem with most vans and I think that its a reaction between sealants and pollution from rainfall etc. and although unsightly I don't think its a big deal it comes off easy, if you visit a dealer and look in the storage area you will see the state of the new vans before they are valeted On my particular van the windscreen gets the bulk of the filth off the roof runoff and that can take a lot of work to remove as its stored near farmland and is a right pain .:nerd:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Fiamma make a couple of products that help stop black streaks, its called drip stop, comes in three lengths. 10 metres, 3 metres and 75cm for over doors

Helps avoid the formation of black streaks with Drip Stop. A mini-gutter which will prevent black streaks from your motorhome or caravan. The gutter is made in wide-base flexible polyvinyl. Adhesive acrylic foam of superior quality and adherence is reinforced with aluminium strips that guarantee long life and hold over the years. Easy to install, UV-ray proof.

Just search drip stop on www.johns.cross.co.uk

Theres also a product called rain guard which stops rain from between the awning box and wall of motorhome, three sizes Large, Medium and Small

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back