Black and Grey Water Dumping in Spain

Discussion in 'Spain' started by emmitdb, Jan 17, 2016.

1. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings All,

It's a long way off but I thought I would ask the question.

Last late Autumn we went through France and into Spain. We had a thoroughly wonderful time but, the further we went down through Spain, the harder it was to get rid of the subject matter.

Now, with experience comes knowledge and at one particular place we went to I am now aware of a facility to get rid. Can I ask this.
    As a generalisation, will Spanish campsites allow you to do a 'Service Stop' (for a fee naturally) to get rid of Black and Grey.

I know I can lift a manhole but, on the proboble chance that I won't find one, are the campsites obliging..

Thanks for replies in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. f6c

f6c Funster

Look out for aires.

3. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

A quick search on Camper Contact shows 17 "free" sites in Valencia, 15 of which have water disposal facilities. The first one I checked offered free water & disposal (grey & black).

Do you use their app? - Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

A lot more aires springing up now... Most are private so they will gladly take your cash and let you get sorted.
    More village, French styles are also opening...

Get "All the Aires Spain" and also check out here...
    http://www.lapaca.org/es/areas-de-servicio

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

I've got the Campercontact App and the book. The Lapaca site is on the tablet as are a couple more.

I appreciate that more "Areas" are opening up as we speak and that can only be a good thing. When we were away we were much further south than Valencia and the further one went, the further apart the Areas became.
    I only asked the original question regarding campsites because I didn't know the answer and wondered if anyone knew.

6. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

On this Spanish website you will find a number of suitable places listed, including car washes that double up as motorhome service points. We used a few and only paid to fill up with fresh water (2€). Dumping black and grey waste was free. Really good resource.
    Hope that helps
    Mags

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  7. Dogsense

Dogsense Funster

Thanks Mags sure it will be helpful, shame they don't have Englise version.

8. Tootles

Tootles Funster

I wouldn't bother in Spain. They spread black water onto their crops. :(

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. jumar

jumar Funster

Only on the EXPORT Vegetables.

• Like Like x 4
  10. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

Thats why they taste so good.
    Phil

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Well............. this morning was approaching the Majal camp site slip lane coming onto the motorway was a UK registered MH with gray waste open ( must have just left camp site ) spraying water all over the road and on the front of my car. So being the nice chap that I am as I passed him and his wife I indicated what was happening. Now thinking I was Spanish ( because my car has Spanish reg ) he gave me the one finger salute and it was not displaying respect, then his wife did the same.
    That's like a red flag to a bull......... so I followed them ( was on my route ) until they pulled off into the petrol station. I got out of my car and approached them and he got the shock of his life when I spoke English. I asked why he dropped the grey waste on the road not 1km from the camp site giving MH'ers a bad name he stated F.......Off you boring bar-steward.........................
    So I called the police over that were in the garage area and showed them the video footage from the dash cam and they stopped him there and then. They have removed my SD card for evidence and I should receive it in the post some time in the next 10 years!!!!! Should get a 80 euro or more fine. Anyway I went up to the driver before leaving and he was calling me all the words under the sun stating I'm a marked man? (really!) and I told him all he had to do was be nice..............
    Now don't think for one minute that I feel guilty, because had he been nice I would have introduced myself and explained that had the police seen him he would have been pulled over and left it at that. You are no doubt asking at this point if I dump my grey waste on the road whilst driving? and the answer is no not whilst driving, but I do dump it in a layby or on disused road, but not over someone's car on a motorway.
    I did not see a Funster's sticker on the vehicle, but if you are reading this perhaps next time try and be a little more polite to someone trying to help you. If you want to discuss the "marked man" thing just give me a place and time.
    RANT over..................

• Like Like x 14
  12. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Yes ,I'm afraid I'd have taken the bait.:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

If I saw someone beating up an old lady I would probably intervene and call the police.

I doubt I'd waste my valuable and limited heart-beats on a bucketful of soapy water though :giggler:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

But if I was giving you the one finger salute and telling you to F.......Off you boring bar-steward, whilst getting rid of my bucketful of water what would you do then?

15. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

Ignore you, if you were behaving like that then you obviously wouldn't be worth wasting my breath on.

He effed an jeffed because you pursued him. After the exchange of one finger salutes were you expecting an adult debate? (Bearing in mind you were also angry at this point)

If the cops hadn't been there and he decided to take a baseball bat to your head (or dirty car) then you might have regretted your act of public service.

Some things are worth getting involved in, others less so and in my world, this is in the "less so" camp.

I just ain't worth the risk.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

As the car cam was running I doubt he would have a leg to stand on if in your words "he took a baseball bat to me or the car". At 6ft and build like a brick out house I doubt he would have got the bat above his head before I disarmed him and ruined his day and the rest of his holiday resting up in a hospital.
    As you say however some things are worth the effort and others not so much. In this case I thought it was worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

There is always someone bigger (or madder) out there.

Anyway we've jumped all over someone else's thread and dragged it way of topic.

Peace be with you and may all your arguments be with smaller/sensible people (y)

• Like Like x 3
  18. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

The offending M/H was probably upset because Marjal told him to F Off when he asked if he could dump there.

Which brings me back to the OP.

Do??? Campsites in Spain allow Motorhomers to do a Service visit for a fee?
    Pretty please.

19. jumar

jumar Funster

Hi, can you PM the registration number please of the MH in question please, I will look out for their unfriendly type
    behaviour if they visit here, being aggressive towards you is not acceptable in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Boringfrog

Boringfrog Funster

Some do some don't.

• Like Like x 1