Bizarre caravan fire 'may have been caused by overheating brakes' (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes, it's a caravan, but brakes can overheat and cause a fire on any trailer.. including A framed cars ..
Have them serviced annually and check before every journey that they aren't binding .. and don't forget to release the parking brake ! ..

Monday, 15, Aug 2011 09:43

Firefighters from Burnham-on-Sea were recently called to a blaze at a caravan that appears to have begun in bizarre circumstances.

The seaside resort town is located in Somerset and features a number of camping sites.

Little was left of the tourer after crews from Bridgwater and Burnham managed to quell the flames, but it is not thought that anyone was harmed in the incident.

The fire service was called at 14:09 BST on Wednesday (August 10th) and attended the blaze on the A38 at Pawlett, according to Burnham-on-Sea.com.

On their arrival, the mobile home was already engulfed in flames and despite the efforts of officers, the vehicle was completely destroyed.

A spokesman told the online resource that crews used breathing equipment and a reel jet to extinguish the blaze, but were unable to stop the fire before the caravan was rendered useless.

However, they were able to establish that the cause was accidental, with overheating brakes the bizarre culprit.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
That reminds me did anyone get to know the outcome with the toad fire ? I believe he got another a frame and car from else where but did the original converters or insurance ever pay up ?
terry

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I was wondering also so Today I contacted Locksmith and this was his reply

Hello John,
I'm afraid my insurance company have come up against a brick wall as Armitages insurers will not talk to them. I'm just waiting for some more information and I will let all know.
Your welcome to post this if you would like to, thanks for your PM.
Mandy and I have been making the most of our Motorhome with trips to the Lakes and North Wales, it has done us both the world of good.
Take care John.
Andrew

So it seems no good news yet for Andrew and Mandy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back