Bit of a draft again (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I noticed before , and mentioned it, that the bottom of the habitation door doesn't seem to fit snugly. It sits out a bit and the door doesn't meet the seal in places. When driving you can hear it but with the high winds the last couple of days it has been noticeable again. If I can't align the door to fit is there a better type of door seal. Not sure what type it is but it looks a standard seal.:thumb:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We noticed the same with our habitation door when we felt the wind and cold whistling through at Newark show. Fortunately our MH dealer was on site so he came and had a look. He asked us if the habitation central locking was working - we said that it had never worked but we thought that perhaps the central locking didn't apply to this door. He then said that it should work with central locking and the 2 issues are part of the same problem. We have to take it back to the dealers to get it fixed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
After 11 motorhomes ALL the habitation doors have been rubbish. My present van, a Bentley, sounds like someone whistling for there dog when it is windy. The last van was an Autocruise and we had two new doors fitted within three years, all rotted at the bottom. I ended up giving it to my local bodyshop who cut out the bottom 2 inches and replacing it with proper aluminium.
Apparently a large batch of these doors manufactured by Dometic were total junk and should have been scrapped. If we bought a £40,000 car I'm sure we would have a bit of quality, but a motorhome, I doubt if quality is a word they use in there so called NCC scheme.
Adjusting most habitation doors now is not possible so some other DIY remedy will have to be found.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The hab door on my Hobby actually fits very well. Don't know if it's something to do with the fact that the door is curved to match the curved sides of the van? The hab door on my previous Burstner used to show daylight at the bottom :RollEyes: so I padded it out with draught strip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back