Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
weymouth sunny dorset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 but tugged for 10
On the 18th April I ordered some goods from Riversway Leisure, waited a week and still no delivery, I rang them and was told that my package had been damaged in transit, and they would replace the items, I said no dont bother I will have a refund. Today no refund has been paid into my bank so I rang Riversawy Leisure and aked when I would be getting my refund, the reply was,IT TAKES 7 to 10 Days for a refund to be processed, So I said how comes it only takes seconds to take my money when paying, was told that is done by computer, refunds are done manually so takes that more time to process. are they having a laugh with their customers I will not be going there again.

Tony

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l have had this argument with my bank.
When l buy shares, through an account with the bank, instantaneous! A few weeks ago l needed money, sold some shares, and ordered the proceeds to go direct to my bank account, 7 to 10 days!
This put me overdrawn, and they charged me for the priviledge!

What a wunch of bankers!

Craig.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
On the 18th April I ordered some goods from Riversway Leisure, waited a week and still no delivery, I rang them and was told that my package had been damaged in transit
Tony

Stretches my imagination. Do you believe them ?

But the other side of the coin, I've bough a few things off them, always good service and best price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have just had something similar, Placed an order with Leisure shop direct and paid by Pay-Pal, just had a email saying the the item was not in stock and would be 4 day be stock would be received. I wrote back telling them that we had a contract and they were obliged to deliver withing 7 days as stated in there advert.

I await the outcome.

Doug...

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Riversway are not cheap for everything. They list the Awning and Annex I require @£828.95 plus p&p. A local caravan shop provided the same for £700.00p.

Pete:Cool:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i bought 1 of those twin tub washing machines from riversway a couple of weeks ago £49.00

so no complaints from me.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Under the present law, there is nothing stopping you sending an invoice to them for the fone calls made.. same a s a bank might charge you

Most self employed in the service industry charge a minimum of £30 per hour or part of an hour..
Two fone calls on different days = £60.00 plus the fone calls plus any interest you feel is owing ( no chance of getting any of it but a threat to take them to small claims court unless settled within 7 days will at least make someones day a bit hard ! )

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
So I said how comes it only takes seconds to take my money when paying, was told that is done by computer, refunds are done manually so takes that more time to process. are they having a laugh with their customers I will not be going there again.

Tony

If a customer requires a refund it takes me two minutes, either on PayPal, our website or a straight credit card transaction.

Its not rocket science

Peter

happycampers

Free Member
Sep 9, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
None but working on it
Odered from Riverside on Tuesday arrived on Thursday, large item, guess I got lucky.

Had same problem with refunds, payment taken in minutes, refund in days, asked the question why and Asda said its not their problem but the banks. Great! So I asked if they would be prepared to wait 7-10 days for me to pay for my shopping? you can guess the answer.

wolly

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
ripon n yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
40 plus motorhoming and tugin
wolly north yorkshire

Riversway Leisure, waited a week and still no delivery, I rang them and was told that my package had been damaged in transit, and they would replace the items, I said no dont bother I will have a refund. Today no refund has been paid into my bank so I rang Riversawy Leisure and aked when I would be getting my refund, the reply was,IT TAKES 7 to 10 Days for a refund to be processed, So I said how comes it only takes seconds to take my money when paying, was told that is done by computer, refunds are done manually so takes that more time to process. are they having a laugh with their customers I will not be going there again.

Tony[/QUOTE]

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
If a customer requires a refund it takes me two minutes, either on PayPal, our website or a straight credit card transaction.

Its not rocket science

Peter

I agree and it goes straight off my merchant account, but ithey can take 5 days to then pay the customer, likewise when a customer pays me it goes off his credit card that day, but it takes 5 days to hit my bank account, they charge for terminal rental and a percentage on the transaction figure, could this be the banks making yet more money.

All the best Rick

wolly

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
ripon n yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
40 plus motorhoming and tugin
wolly north yorkshire

Hi we had the same problem with riversway leisure my daughter bought a honda generaor on the 11th april they said it would be delivered in 3 to 5 days .said they would text and email and a tracking number to track the order ,also had phone numbers ,and over £600 of her money ,she rang them on th 19th they said they had it their ,and she would receive it the 20th ,stayed in all day never came ,rang again on the 20th at night they said it would now be delivered on the 26th as it was comming from the manufacture ,so someone was lieing ,she said it was not goodenough and wanted it on saturday 23th it came.minus the free oil instruction and invoice. still wating for oil.she rang about invoice and a rude person said if it is onley a peice of paper you want ill send it they did by email but you could hardly read it.she needed invoice to claime her vat back.if thats the way thay treat their custoner ifor one will not be buying from them:Angry:

OP
OP
G

goffer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
weymouth sunny dorset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 but tugged for 10
it now the 7th May and I still have not received my refund from Riversway Leisure thats now 11days
tony:Angry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I agree and it goes straight off my merchant account, but ithey can take 5 days to then pay the customer, likewise when a customer pays me it goes off his credit card that day, but it takes 5 days to hit my bank account, they charge for terminal rental and a percentage on the transaction figure, could this be the banks making yet more money.
All the best Rick

Dunno Rick, Paypal refund is instant and Protex the same as far as I am aware, credit cards should be the same.

PayPal we raid daily and transfer accross and it takes 2/3 days to hit our bank account and as far as I am aware the credit card companies pay a total every day into our account.

Amazon settle direct every 14 days straight into our account.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back