Birmingham site (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi
Does anyone know of any sites in or around Birmingham that can be on a bus or train route. We are having to go into the centre to support a friend at the General Teaching Council who was wrongly dissmissed.

Thanks Joyce & John

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Somers Wood Caravan site at Meriden (which is the geographical absolute centre of England)

Link Removed

There is a bus service into the centre of Brum (ie Moor Street station) which runs roughlyly every half hour. It's the number 900 B'ham to Coventry service. It takes approx 45 mins to do the journey and the campsite is approx a mile from Meriden but not on the bus route, so a walk along a wide-ish lane - but it is flat. (Don't be parking your van up and leaving it in Meriden, they have had a lot of a-hem travellers there recently.) Alternatively it stops at B'ham Intnl Station on the way so if you wanted to you could swap to the train and go into New St Station from there - depends where you have to go for the hearing.

I can't think of anywhere else really that is so convenient for transport.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Chapel Lane would be very handy, I think, it's close for buses into the city centre (proper modern ones, not the ones in the museum next door to the site!) and don't have to be a CC member.

Don't think the other two would be any good for public transport, Jim - but of course I do have the benefit of being a bit more local than you and I wouldn't expect you to know that !

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
If you're a C&CC member, the site at Clent Hills is close to train station, you could park at the station, also on bus route from the village.

OP
OP
hoot007
Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for the replies, I will check these sites out today.

Joyce

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
There isn't a train station at Clent. You would have to go to West Hagley or Belbroughton. OTOH if you can get a lift to the A456 main rd, then during the day the buses to Brum are every half hour-ish, approx 45 mins or over an hour 07.00 - 09.00 and 16.00 - 18.00

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back