Birmingham airport

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by cellojane, Mar 14, 2010.

1. cellojane

cellojane Read Only Funster

Hi Folks!
    Need to pick up my dad from the airport this week and only have the MH (6m long/3m high). I can't find out anything about gantries, pick up points, parking at Birmingham international airport - anybody tried it - is it possible. Only know I can't use the long stays because they are apparently only for long stay!!!
    Thanks
    Jane

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Jane.

this map, it shows a coach park next to the multi story Car Park 1 .. give them a phone call and ask if you can use it

http://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/content/files/27/car%20park%20map.pdf

3. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

As far as I can remember (I've been there twice) you can park free for 15 minutes in the long stay car parks and it's only £1 for an hour (after that it becomes expensive) and get the free courtesy coach to the terminal. I don't remember any height barriers but can't be sure. Have a look at www.birminghamairport.co.uk/showpage.aspx?id=179 it might help you.

4. JohnH

JohnH Funster

Park at the railway station next to the airport. On the left hand side as you look at the station terminal you can stay for free for 20 minute pickup/dropoff. You dad only has to get the shuttle train between the two.

5. sedge

sedge Funster

At B'ham International Station you mean. I've never been there when there's been a space free!! LOL

6. cellojane

cellojane Read Only Funster

Thanks

Thanks everyone! You've all been really helpful. I'm going to try the rail station then move on to the airport long stay if I can't get in.
    Many thanks for sharing you knowledge.
    Jane:thumb: