Biodiesel

Discussion in 'Motorhome on a Budget' started by enery8, Sep 1, 2016.

1. enery8

enery8 Funster

Morning all, I have a problem in that my biodiesel/methanol partner has decided not to make biodiesel anymore. Is there anybody on Motorhome fun who makes biodiesel and is situated in the Dorset area or can advise where I can buy small amounts of methanol at reasonable prices?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Ecojoe

Ecojoe Funster

Why not run on pure veg oil

3. enery8

enery8 Funster

My ffb is a Fiat Ducato based vehicle with a Lucas/RotoDiesel injection pump. They are not as capable of running on non-diesel as Bosch pumps unfortunately

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Ebay, they will deliver to your door.

5. enery8

enery8 Funster

Thanks Dave, I was hoping someone local might want to share a 200 ltr drum. Delivered from Barrentine it is £174 = about 87p a litre. Some places are quoting daft amounts like £1.60 a litre plus delivery. I quoted £80 delivery from Trinity yesterday, might as well buy it from the pump!!

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

The problem is, bioburners have become victims of there own success. I remember the days when they used to pay me to get rid of there dirty oil. Now you have to bid for the damned stuff.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. enery8

enery8 Funster

Yes, I used to get it free but it has steadily gone up to £4.50 for 20 litres. I still get about 60ltrs a month delivered to my door by a neighbour who works for a training cafe. I was getting it for £3.50 for 20 ltrs but it was not very easy to use so I stopped buying it from them. I am now getting 80 ltrs a month at £4.50/20ltrs added to the 60 from the cafe gives me enought to run my range rover and my ffb. - Just need the methanol.

• Like Like x 1