BIO FLUID FOR TOILET WASTE

Discussion in 'How To' started by HANCOCK, Aug 3, 2014.

1. HANCOCK

HANCOCK Read Only Funster

what quantity do you put in thetford cassette

2. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Funster

One capsule.
    Bring the cassette back from the dump station with a bit of water in the bottom, then drop the capsule down the loo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

None! I just empty every day! No need for chemicals. When emptied put good bit of water in never had any smells.

• Like Like x 2
  4. icantremember

icantremember Funster

As Mr Punch would say "That's the way to do it"(y)

5. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I use liquid bio and put in a capful. Those fortunate enough to produce rosewater from their fundaments should rejoice in their good fortune. Us mere mortals find bio makes the emptying process if not a pleasant one, at least bearable.

• Like Like x 7
  6. keith

keith Funster

As much as you want to make your daily trip a pleasure instead of a drudge.

Looks like some people have no sense of smell :rolleyes::LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

TBH i found the smell worse when we used chemicas!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. timdownieuk

timdownieuk Funster

Nobody has mentioned that bio tablets (and variants) aren't septic tank friendly. Many sites use septic tanks and don't have mains drainage and if they don't want you using "blue" liquid (with formalin), they won't like bio tabs in your loo either.

9. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Good point but I am not sure about the "many sites". While chemicals are still being widely used sites just have to have their tanks emptied as there is little chance of septic tanks working. Our house has a septic tank, or more accurately a mini sewage plant and we do use bio products for washing clothes but not every wash and so far there have been no problems. The tank let's us know if it is not happy - you can begin to smell it!

• Like Like x 1
  10. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

A couple of capfuls of bio in every fresh tank, or a pack of two bio tabs from aldi/lidl.
    Stopped using the blue stuff , it's easier to deal with splashes etc without that blue staining everything it gets onto.

• Like Like x 1
  11. movan

movan Funster Life Member

I bought the pretty smelling bio fluid once and it smelt lovely as an air freshener but didn't do a thing in the toilet.. I bought it because the man on the stall said after using, you could even empty your cassette on your garden it was so friendly ................... no comment...

The best thing i did to sort any probs was what Polly (Toledo) told me to do. After emptying the cassette, every blue moon, put a bottle of Coca Cola down it and it clears any debris stuck to the side which may be a future problem.

• Like Like x 2
  12. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Plenty of blue / green etc. liquids about with no formaldehyde or whatever it is that causes problems.
    Measure?
    A good old fashioned "dollop" does the trick.
    It's only a deodorant, after all, not in there long enough to break anything down, is it?

The Aldi washing stuff is obviously cheaper, but I tried that once.
    It did nothing but wash the cassette.
    Not a patch on the bespoke stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

I thought the Bio part meant they were septic tank friendly, in that they digest the waste same as a septic tank ? Or am I just a septic sceptic :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi. best not run your wash water into the tank . at home. better to let it go to a soak away.
    these days its washing machines and dish washers that spoil many a tank thats been working for years .
    but yes most camp sites have a chemical waste tank . many have their own private sewage farms . many get spoilt by folk putting cassette waste in the wrong place . costs thousands sometimes for the sewage farm to get working again . had to empty plenty then bring in good sewage to get it going again .

• Like Like x 1
  15. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Crumbs if the dishwasher water and washing machine water can do that, it just shows what we are putting next to our skins or into our stomach as there is apparently always some residue .... hence you should always rinse well your clothes etc. Or maybe I am just being overcautious.

16. vwalan

vwalan Funster

its due to the amount of water going through the system . it washes out the good bacteria .
    it can be the cleaning stuff but mainly its the water.
    its always advised to use special cleaners for the toilet .
    very often the word bio is used wrongly . or in the wrong place so it gives the wrong idea .
    many things can spoil a sewage system , even chucking sweet papers down the inks used can spoil it.

17. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Wh have started using Ecover Toilet Cleaner in our loo. It works OK as long as the cassette is emptied each day or we add another measure each day. We put in about 50ml.

Also it states very clearly that it is SAFE for septic tanks so I have no worries/guilt about where I empty it.

18. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

It wasn't until this thread started that I checked and the general advice seems to be that you minimise the amount of bio washing stuff you use if you have a septic tank. I suspect this is why it works in toilet cassettes, it stops the bacteria which would cause smells in their tracks. But it is very concentrated in a cassette and well diluted the impact is not so great in a septic tank.

I'm not sure what Movan was sold and why it didn't work but ordinary supermarket bio works well in my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  19. timdownieuk

timdownieuk Funster

Well, it's only a guess based on the sites and CLs I've visited which have tended to be well away from any mains sewerage. Certainly they're pretty common. I suppose it'll vary quite a lot across the country.

20. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

Many sites and rally fields will use holding tanks and have them emptied on a regular basis thus no worries of polluting the area.