Billy Connelly Route 66 tonight (1 Viewer)

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Bet you are glad we don't get the weather they experienced in Missouri :Eeek:
Just as well that they build strong storm shelters under their houses :Smile:

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz fell to sleep about half way through ,,, didnt miss anything good zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:whatthe::Blush:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Billy Connolly Route 66

Didn't want to miss this programme! Billy Connolly is fantastic in all these "World Tour" type programmes, (IMO!). Thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to the rest of the series:thumb:
Love the Big Yin!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
BC - Route 66

Wizzer 59
Could you catch it on the ITV equivalent of the BBC iPlayer?

Can't remember what it's called, might be the ITV Player, have a look on the ITV webpage and you'll find it there.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just a shame it's on ITV, those sofa adverts are crap. :Sad:

We did Route66 through Arizona so looking forward to seeing when he gets there.

Wonder if he IS going to drive it all or climb on board the RV that will no doubt be following him, just have the odd shot of him in the rain/tornado. :ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Must be worth a watch ITV 1 at 9pm:winky:
We intend to follow his footsteps next spring from Chicago so to series will be a good insight to what to expect.
This episode was especially interesting as my son lives in Chicago and his apartment was on screen a number of times. I am familiar with all the sights he visited including the glass viewing platform and the speakeasy.
I hadn’t realised there was an Amish community so close I will make a point of visiting them, I have seen them around Chicago I think there restrictions still allow them to travel on trains so they tend not to bring their horse and carriage into town.
Looking forward to next week.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I liked his recent tours :thumb:, but I have never took to him as a comedian:Sad:, When he did the Australian tour we was on holiday with the man who made the trike he was using . Pete :thumb::thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I liked his recent tours :thumb:, but I have never took to him as a comedian:Sad:, When he did the Australian tour we was on holiday with the man who made the trike he was using . Pete :thumb::thumb:
the trike he used around australia was a lovely bit of kit,but that thing he was rideing on route 66 was typical yank over the top ugly piece of iron:Doh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I was a little dissapointed with the program
If i am honest maybe it will improve

As for the trike it was very similar to the one built
By mark evans that rebuilt an e type jag
Triumph boneville mgb built a helicopter
And had a fella called pete that assisted
The program was on sky motoring
Sorry cant be more helpfull:thumb:

Found 1 http://www.an-mg-is-born.com/

Link Removed

Last edited:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
the trike he used around australia was a lovely bit of kit,but that thing he was rideing on route 66 was typical yank over the top ugly piece of iron:Doh:
It was a Boom Trike - German with a VW motor, so I don't think you can blame the yanks for that one ::bigsmile:

Link Removed

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
It was a Boom Trike - German with a VW motor, so I don't think you can blame the yanks for that one ::bigsmile:

Link Removed

are you sure?::bigsmile:
agree it has a vw motor,but still an ugly old hector.::bigsmile:

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well I am gonna stick up for him.... I have a Boom trike and I love it.... and the automatic gears mean you can use it as it is meant to be used ... FOR FUN fun fun.

Expensive but German.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Well I am gonna stick up for him.... I have a Boom trike and I love it.... and the automatic gears mean you can use it as it is meant to be used ... FOR FUN fun fun.

Expensive but German.
sorry joy the one the yin is rideing is a yank,boom trike's are built all over the world.and i cant see the fun in rideing/driveing one,now a big sports bike alltogether different,better than any drug:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Nah Chris, You just havn't been the passenger with a blonde driving a boomtrike ... does wonders for your constipation...::bigsmile:

You are right about American though. Just been on Google and the V2 is American. :thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
iv been down the m40 at 160mph with the wife on the back,shouting faster,faster:Eeek:(before it was opened to the puplic)cough:winky:
sadly i have desided to sell my bike,and only last night fitted new fork seals on it and a new battery,mot next week and its going:Sad:
time to slow down, and retire my helmet and leathers,and throw my donor card away:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Me too, me too !!

:Smile:Nah Chris, You just havn't been the passenger with a blonde driving a boomtrike ... does wonders for your constipation...::bigsmile:

You are right about American though. Just been on Google and the V2 is American. :thumb:

I wanna be on the back of your trike !!! I can cook a mean Cauliflower or Macaroni Cheese to say thankyou !!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
iv been down the m40 at 160mph with the wife on the back,shouting faster,faster:Eeek:(before it was opened to the puplic)cough:winky:
sadly i have desided to sell my bike,and only last night fitted new fork seals on it and a new battery,mot next week and its going:Sad:
time to slow down, and retire my helmet and leathers,and throw my donor card away:thumb:

I've bailed at 134mph (long time ago though:winky:) and now have a sedately cruiser:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back