billthedrill's dethleffs (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
so i have a dethleffs now don't know wat modal or make it's just a detheffs just a van its on a fiat ducato 2.5 diesel 24ft long and LHD any experts going to Lincoln i will put up my fun flag to p..........off MHF will make sure i am parked right in the centre of them :Eeek:
all this info so you can find and identify our re-manes at the end off the show:thumb:

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Older LHD Dethleffs Help offered

Hi there,
If you have a Dethleffs Globetrotter you have bought real solid quality.
They have the odd characteristic' or two, but SO SOLID!
If you ever need a UK manual or parts or just help (your manual is in german!) please get in touch as I have had three now. 1983, 92 and 96.
Important if it is your first motorhome, TYRE PRESSURES!! should be around 72PSI for safety. Don't run them with lower as the tyres can overheat and shred the tread (Hard-won experience!).
Fantastic vans , but don't the germans pick strange colours for the long-lasting upholstery? Ours was PURPLE!!

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi there,
If you have a Dethleffs Globetrotter you have bought real solid quality.
They have the odd characteristic' or two, but SO SOLID!
If you ever need a UK manual or parts or just help (your manual is in german!) please get in touch as I have had three now. 1983, 92 and 96.
Important if it is your first motorhome, TYRE PRESSURES!! should be around 72PSI for safety. Don't run them with lower as the tyres can overheat and shred the tread (Hard-won experience!).
Fantastic vans , but don't the germans pick strange colours for the long-lasting upholstery? Ours was PURPLE!!
thank i got nothing with it just a v5 and MOT it is a 1990 imported 2005 there is a pick on my pf will up load more thank bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Is that 72 psi all round!??

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Dethleffs Tyre Pressures

Hi St Cyr,
The Dethleffs manuals list tyre pressures from 62-80PSI. The only exception is on the twin-wheel Transits (One axle, 4 tyres ) where they are 55PSI as four tyres per rear axle spread the load much more.
If you aim for 72 all round you won't go far wrong.
I once followed a new member to the Dethleffs factory and I became aware of something hitting the front of my van. It was the tread from one of his rear tyres as he had assumed that , like his car, they should run at 32PSI !

Also, be careful when using supermarket inflators as some of them cut out at 40PSI. You could inadvertently let your tyres down .

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well wat a pig

Well wat a pig this thing turned out to be try getting an engine for a 1990 :ROFLMAO:
had to rebuilt the thing just getting it striped down it was minging it had every engine additive you could think of put in it i think it had been run on very bad bio fuel
the hab unit is grate but the batterers are past there best and the wiring is in poor condition under the bonnet
the first ting is earthing there is not any so will be cutting up sum welding cabal and making sum good coper earthing eyes copper pipe soldered on to cabal the flattened and drilled there is no earthing between engine and chases
next to no earthing between lights and chases bogged wiring every ware that's just under bonnet good days work there at least
hab unit seems like every thing just works when it wants to bad earth's more earth bonding on chases front to back
good news is not a bit of damp that i know of been using my new damp meter
well for the money i paid watt the hell i knew i was buying a project

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I think that birds mest under the bonnet needs ripping out and the wiring starting again Bill.
Ive had vehicles like that in the past its a nightmare!

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I think that birds mest under the bonnet needs ripping out and the wiring starting again Bill.
Ive had vehicles like that in the past its a nightmare!
don't think i have the electrical skills John but think i can tidy it up a bit
cheers bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back