Billericay 2012 Olympics who is going? (1 Viewer)

meexi

Free Member
Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has booked in at Billericay for the Olympics this year?

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Whats happening in Billericay?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Billericay???? olympics??? miles away from it.

You are better of staying at Sewardstone Road E4 Lee or Lea Valley site

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
It looks like the poster is in a non Lez comliant Van. Im not sure about Billericay but the East Essex DA are having what looks like a really good Olympic meet at Runwell.

Sonja

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
There are signs heading into Sheffield refering to traffic during the Olympics. I haven't looked at where events are going to be but are they all over the country?

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I shall be heading in the opposite direction as often as possible, as will most of the people I know:thumb:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
There are signs heading into Sheffield refering to traffic during the Olympics. I haven't looked at where events are going to be but are they all over the country?

See Olympics website for full details, but sailing in Weymouth, football Hampden Park, Newcastle, Old Trafford,Coventry. Rowing near Eaton. Something in Essex.Road Race Cycling from London into Surrey, Box Hill. Cycling test event caused chaos on surrounding roads.
Football unlikely to cause too many problems. Weymouth area likely to be heavily congested. Main chaos will be in central and east London.

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Some have been put up in Edinburgh also

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I like sport, but the Olympics, the bulding of it, the allocation of tickets, has been an insult to local people from day one. those who saw a bright future and employment /jobs/prospects, were ignored while labour was bussed in from elsewhere. Local businesses were passed over for others, and the "legacy" cannot benefit people who have been moved out of the area, only those who have thje money to move in after the games.
The whole thing, has been a shining example, and one which the mafia will be standing in awe of.
People who live outside of London, are being treated like pigs,scrabbling for the offal of tickets unwanted by anyone else, only 1 person in four who apply, are likely to get the latest release of tickets.........dont belive what Seb coe and the rest of the self appointed cronies say, it has been a huge waste of YOUR money and lottery funds, ametuer sport should NEVER have this much money movin g about near it, how can we spend billions on this, but balls for schools have to be bought by charities, (mostly funded by the people who sell pop/crisps/sweets and fast foods).........I sodding despair at it all.:Angry:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Some have been put up in Edinburgh also

well I hope there are events all over cus if they are all in London and they are predicting the trafic queues to be all the way back to Edinburgh we are doomed, dooooooomed we are.......

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Kent will be a no go zone

That have built two extra big car parks at Ebbsfleet so people can use the high speed train in to London.. Ebbsfleet is the parking place near Dartford for the eurostar... warning have been given for the A2 M2 M20 A 20 and all roads in to London.. everywhere will come to a halt or be much slower (is that possible) ...look at the M25 round London in any rush hour period and a see how bad it is... the other day coming back from Taunton and work on the RV by Eddie of VanBitz.. great job as always... Warnings were given 37 miles back on the M3 warning of slow traffic on junction 7 to 5 .. yes total stop.. no accident, just volume... so off on to the A25 and that is as bad.

Now wait until the Olympics start when they close so many roads and lanes on the A12 & A13 etc.,

Me I am not going anywhere.. ad no I do not want to watch it either.. total waste of money.. why does Coe need to go to see the flame lit? more waste of money.

Bob:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
it is going to be chaotic.
it's the olympicsand the para Olympics so it's over a month of grief for London,

Some will benefit though like pubs and restaurants and they need a bit of a lift.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Some will benefit though like pubs and restaurants and they need a bit of a lift.

Will they benefit overall or will the visitors for the events simply replace people who will stay away but would have visited for other reasons?

As far as I can see the only people to gain will be the so called (and self styled) "elite" of athletics and the relatively few companies who are able to hire out their facilities to participants.

Those gains will be balanced by the costs paid by millions who have no interest in the events. Personally I wouldn't object to funding their hobbies if they would reciprocate and fund mine to the same level.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
And I thought it was just me who thought what a load of :censored:2 I see on the TV a child dies in this world every few seconds through lack of money and help, like Darklord said we as a country are in debt up to our necks no one working and...... OH wait a minute you can always volunteer to work for free :Doh:. All I will say is I am glad I do not have to try to get in to work every day anywhere near London while these people play at their hobbies at our expense:hardhat:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Will they benefit overall or will the visitors for the events simply replace people who will stay away but would have visited for other reasons?

As far as I can see the only people to gain will be the so called (and self styled) "elite" of athletics and the relatively few companies who are able to hire out their facilities to participants.

Those gains will be balanced by the costs paid by millions who have no interest in the events. Personally I wouldn't object to funding their hobbies if they would reciprocate and fund mine to the same level.

I suspect they will gain. Whilst we are hosting the Olympics we are not ( more than we usually do) funding the athletes lifestyle.

It is a major international event. We should be proud to host it even if none of us particularly like paying for it.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
well I do not for a start

I suspect they will gain. Whilst we are hosting the Olympics we are not ( more than we usually do) funding the athletes lifestyle.

It is a major international event. We should be proud to host it even if none of us particularly like paying for it.

Well I do not like paying for it for a start.

Bob:Angry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Yes, it is a major international event but I feel no pride that it is happening in the UK. Pride comes from achieving something positive, not being dumped on to fund a gravy train for a few people.

If the athletes, administrators &c of the Olympics movement were funding the event themselves that would be a different matter. It was also rather different when the people involved were amateurs and not making (or attempting to make) a living out of it as they do these days.

There are rather more important priorities for taxpayer funding than the lifestyles which the "elite" athletes &c enjoy at our expense. If they choose to spend their lives employed in athletics &c then they should do so by finding people to employ them as such, just as the rest of us have to do in our chosen career areas.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
I wonder where the Olympics lottery money will go once it's over?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back