Aug 7, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Dutchman Dorado Cclass RV
Exp
Since 2006
Hi,
I'm a new member from derby, My wife & myself have been caravanners for years but have been motorhoming for about 5 years, we currently own a Auto Trail Cheyanne 840D & are going over to France with it for the 1st time this coming saturday so hopefully it wont let us down & hopefully driving on the wrong side wont be too stressful.
Anyway nice to know there are so many people out there with the same interests.

Cheers Bill & Shirl.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hopefully driving on the wrong side wont be too stressful.

Normally yes.

But I saw somewhere that Autotrail were tuned to UK roads and on French camber they keep pulling to the left. Be careful, it could all end in tears.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
HI and welcome.
You'll get all the advice and a little lunacy on here.
WE did our first French trip in June. Folk on here told me deriving in France is a doddle.
They were right. Just enjoy.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Normally yes.

But I saw somewhere that Autotrail were tuned to UK roads and on French camber they keep pulling to the left. Be careful, it could all end in tears.

No Brian your OK with a Autotrail because they are part of the trigano group. :winky:

Link Removed

Hi Bill & Shirl :welcome: to motorhome fun :thumb: you will love it in France, they know all about Camping Cars, enjoy your trip. ::bigsmile: Bob and Jane.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi and WELCOME , dont worry driving in france is very easy,only thing to remember is when you stop for a cuppa and relax momentarly when you start off again to drive on the right thats the time it's easiest to forget. Other than that you'll be fine. Enjoy the french roads avoid the peage roads as they can be costly ,far better on normal roads as you the real france.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Normally yes.

This is rubbish! Tuned to UK roads indeed! If this were remotely true, our cambers fall to the left so the steering would be biased to pull to the right, so when abroad it would pull even more to the right.
You will have no problems, take your time and concentrate when you resume driving after a rest. I will become easy after a short while. Easy peasy.

Craig

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi and WELCOME , dont worry driving in france is very easy,only thing to remember is when you stop for a cuppa and relax momentarly when you start off again to drive on the right thats the time it's easiest to forget. Other than that you'll be fine. Enjoy the french roads avoid the peage roads as they can be costly ,far better on normal roads as you the real france.
Hello and welcome to the fun from another autotrail owner,i would agree with Fidget most likely time to have a senior moment.French roads are so much quiter than ours youll be fine.
ENJOY JohnM:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back