Bill Bailey 745 first trip to Scotland (1 Viewer)

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all
On Sunday returned from our first real trip out in 'Bill Bailey' our new MH. He behaved very well, we have learned to operate his water, gas, ehu, heating, fridge systems so we had no problems! We went to Dumfries and Galloway and stayed at some nice sites, particularly good was Moss Farm (C&CC CS)[members only]near Annan. It has lovely views over the Solway Firth. Also a really peaceful adults only CC CL at Garlieston, it's just a short walk to the local pub who serve good food. We are looking forward to returning and travelling further up the west coast.

An unexpected consequence of travelling in the MH has been that my wife experienced travel sickness! She has never had a problem in the car and wonders if it might be because the MH seat is so much higher. Has anyone else experienced this?

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Arthur - just a thought, and no criticism intended, but how relaxed were you when driving your new pride & joy? Could it be that you were not driving in your usual calm & confident manner and hence the journey was a bit more jerky than usual for your passenger?
I was probably like that for the first couple of trips but now I get into the swing of driving the longer, wider and heavier vehicle very quickly.
Bill
P.S. Suggest Polly takes some travel sickness pills anyway before your next trip!

OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Bill
I was probably not quite as relaxed as when driving the car or even towing a caravan which I have done for 25 years, I quickly learned to slow down and prepare for roundabouts even earlier than when I towed the caravan!! Must say as well that some of the 'lesser' roads we travelled were in need of some repairs which coupled with the mh's seemingly stiff suspension at times meant a bit of a bumpy ride. It was a much smoother ride on the A roads. A few more journeys under my belt and I will be more confident.

Travel sickness pills bought and stowed onboard for the next journey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Arthur - another thought - what tyre pressures are you using? Search the forum and you'll find loads of advice about this but - to summarise - you need to get advice from the tyre manufacturers about the pressures to use and they will need to know the axle weights to give you that advice. Hence, load up your motorhome with your average levels of passengers, clobber, water, fuel etc and visit your local weighbridge to get the axle weights.
If you are running the MH at the base vehicle pressures then they are likely to be too high and giving you a unnecessarily bumpy ride.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The trick to avoiding travel sickness is to look out through the windscreen and focus on something in the far distance. Perhaps Polly was spending too long looking round the interior of your new MH! :)

OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
hi Bill- Thanks I will follow your advice, I will find out where the nearest weigh bridge is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back