Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
just been and bought myself an Adria sonic with a nice big garage on it. My question is how do people secure their bikes in the garage? I have two Thule roof rack mounted bike holders, I wonder if they could be fitted to the floor of the garage ?

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Congratulations Steve on your new Adria. We were looking at one at Hartleys at Windermere the other week.
If you put 'Bikes rack garage' in the search box just above your avatar on top right hand corner of screen there are a few threads about it on here.
Biggest decision is ... do you drill or glue any fitting to the floor. But don't discount hanging them from the 'ceiling' of the garage

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you want to get two bikes in the smallest space take out the front wheels and turn the forks/handlebars through 90 deg, stack the bikes top and tail with a bit of foam between the crank sets and nothing much else rubs, a couple of bits of rope or bungy cord and a couple of discreet tie down point and Bobs yer uncle, you really don't want to go making holes in your nice new van "do you". If you really want to drill into the floor a couple of quick release spindles for the forks holds them steady and the just a bit of rope around the seat post or back tyre and down to somewhere convenient.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have fitted our little motorbike to the floor of the garage and it works a treat. We secured a bike stand to the floor for the front wheel and then we use a couple of winch straps to secure to the anchor points.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Garage....if only I have on....that is why I am looking to upgrade to a 7M MH :cry:

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
I bought a handrail for a bath that i screwed to the back wall of the garage. Then I bought 2 fiamma bike blocks of different lengths and fastened these to the handrail. Attach the bikes and secure the wheels with either chocks or bungees. I carry 2 mountain bikes and a road bike and all are secure. The Fiamma garage rack is around £150 Plus but this method is around £30. Works a treat.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I saw just the thing for sale at a recent meet Peterc10 was selling a sliding bike rack which sounds like what youre after:) give him a pm he may still have it

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I racked out the back and bungee the bikes to that, the other thing I fitted is folding pedals £8 to stop the snagging on any and everything when getting the bikes in and out.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
just been and bought myself an Adria sonic with a nice big garage on it. My question is how do people secure their bikes in the garage? I have two Thule roof rack mounted bike holders, I wonder if they could be fitted to the floor of the garage ?
Screw your rack to a piece of plywood the same size as your garage floor then you can screw anything down without damaging the van floor.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I have a roof mounted Thule bike rack which I now use in the garage of the MH.

The 2 mounting points on the bike rack are screwed to two short lengths of 40 x 40mm timber (at right angles to the rack). The timbers are then screwed to the floor of the garage.

The modification works great and saved me loads of dosh.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I fitted detachable peddles to both bikes makes loading much easier. stand both bikes up nose to tail against the back wall with some heavy 25mm thick packing plastic packing material between the forks so the bikes don't rub against each other and a similar piece of foam siliconed to the back wall where one of the handle bars sits. Secured with a camlock strap around the frames to the top luggage rail and a bungee around the headsets, only takes a few minutes to load both bikes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back