Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
I have not done any touring yet, but looking to go down to Cornwall for a week at Easter. I shall tow the motorbike on a trailer and use that when I get there to roam around.

1) Do those who do this regularly get any negative reaction due to the presence of the bike, I mean from the site owners. I assume the fellow campers are not too bothered.

2) Anyone got any good sites to recommend, North Cornwall or Devon, on the Atlantic side.

Thanks in advance

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We've toured all over both here and abroad and have only ever had good experiences. Just remember to ride responsibly on the campsites and I'm sure everyone will be happy.

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I have just got an electric bike for the wife, so when she zooms past you, you can tell me what bigotry ran through your mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Toured all over the world with m/bike and m/homes never had any negative reaction especially when using the m/bike. Just ride responsibly on campsites.

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
We're new to motorhoming and so far have only had three short trips with the trailer, but never had a problem.

Come to think of it the only time I've ever come across such bigotry was in 1979!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Forget the bike, at the rate that the water is going to drain away, you'll need a canoe!

:ROFLMAO:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Bike Bigotry

Never had any problems either when carrying scooter on rear of MH or when towing motorbike on trailer.

Usually the presence of the bike leads to conversations with other bikers who have had to leave theirs at home.

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
We nearly always take the bike,never had any negative reaction,also we live in North Devon there are loads of campsites and some great biking roads.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Never had any problems either when carrying scooter on rear of MH or when towing motorbike on trailer.

Usually the presence of the bike leads to conversations with other bikers who have had to leave theirs at home.

We get the same when we pull a 650 Versys out of the garage most people cant believe it fits in.:ROFLMAO:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Never had a problem and as has already been said it is often a conversation starter :))
Only downside is check if site charges extra. Many do and I think unfairly given the size of some caravans and four wheel drives. Have never quite got a clear answer to why the extra charge

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Yes I can never work that out,as far as I'm concerned you pay for the pitch,and if everything fits on it that should be it!

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yes I can never work that out,as far as I'm concerned you pay for the pitch,and if everything fits on it that should be it!

My sentiments exactly !! Especially as many a caravan, awning and four wheel drive struggle to do so !!

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
My sentiments exactly !! Especially as many a caravan, awning and four wheel drive struggle to do so !!
What really p####s me off is when they charge extra for a dog!!
Granted, our Rottie likes to spend hours in the shower and uses quite a bit of leccy drying her hair but even so I think it's bang out of order...:Angry:

OP
OP
electrajohnt

electrajohnt

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
Damn "rumbled"

Just as long as it's not one of those noisy American ones :winky:

Must have been the pseudo gave me away!::bigsmile:

Anyway thanks all for the comments, we have ridden bikes all over for years and now getting a bit old for the longer treks so I thought we would try this way. Oddly enough I'm more nervous doing it this way than setting off anywhere on the bike. So thanks again.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
It was a bit of a clue :Smile:.
Me & Jax have got one each and toyed with the idea of a trailer but it's a bit tricky now we've got a dawg.

Good luck with yours.

atb
Paul & Jax

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back