bike rack

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gpz, Nov 8, 2014.

1. gpz

gpz Funster

anybody know how to take off bike rack off my hymer silverline i can see a bolt at the top but cant see how the bottom fastens on .the bottom does not seem to have any fixing polnt any help appreciated

2. jemhorn

jemhorn Funster

Hi, I think it sort of clips on. Is there a white plastic cover? Take a look under. I think if you take the top fixing off then pull away the bottom fixing will release. This is from memory when I fixed one on. No doubt you'll get other suggestions.

3. Dogsense

Dogsense Funster

I too tried to take off the bike rack off AutoTrail Delaware but couldn't find how to release the top hook off the vertical poles. Any more advice?

4. gpz

gpz Funster

well i had a look at the bike rack this morning but i cant see how to get the top bolts out as they seem to foul on the white plastic cover which i dont want to break ,im sure there must be some easy way to do it .hopefully some one with more knowledge will be along soon

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi, if you would like to give me a call and then we can establish which type of bike rack you have and then how to remove it.

Regards

Ian, workshops
    www.johnscross.co.uk
    01580 881288 opt 3.

6. gpz

gpz Funster

Hi Ian thanks for the offer but i got it sorted if anybody is intrested the rack is a thule omni and there is a cap either end off the bottom fixing rail which you take off and then you you pull out a pin at either sidethe bottom fixing comes out and then the top just hooks off simple when you know how hope this is some use to somebody else