bike/motorbike cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gogocrosby, Mar 12, 2010.

1. gogocrosby

gogocrosby Read Only Funster

Just got back from Lidl's with a new cover £6.99 really good size
    219 x 82/46 x 145 cm - l x w x h covers my moped with wing mirrors easily and would cover two pushbikes. This is the third cover I have bought and the only one that is a generous fit.

2. sedge

sedge Funster

Sorry I just have to ask ....

Why? what happened to the previous 2?

3. gogocrosby

I bought a Fiamma one which although having an illustration on the pack showing it in use cover two bikes would only just cover one.The second one I got from ebay at auction ,which even at £3.50 was a complete waste of money. They are now in use covering garden furniture

4. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

sorry I have to ask what happened to the van in your avatar ?:Blush:

5. tink

tink Read Only Funster

Read the instructions carefully though shower proof not rain proof:Rofl1:do not leave bike covered more than 3 days or paint may be damaged by condensation:Eeek: bought 2 took 1 back just use the other as a dust cover in the workshop.:thumb:

6. gogocrosby

Compared to what I'm currently using for touring ,nothing, it will keep a lot of muck off whilst traveling.At £6.99 I wasn't expecting Gortex'
    In answer to the van question. In 1999 we had circumnavigated the same town for the third time on the way home to the ferry. In my increasingly bad temper I thought it would help to go around the other way for a change,I reversed onto the grass at a junction. Oh, that horrible sinking feeling as we slid down into a ditch, the road vanishing out of sight ,to be replaced by sky. After the screaming and recriminations my French speaking wife went to find a farmer and tractor, meanwhile at least 4 out of 5 French cars that passed stopped to offer assistance. Rude ,arrogant,stand offish never.
    On our way 20 minutes later with only one bent quarter panel. George, our best van ever, we still miss him.:cry:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  7. sedge

sedge Funster

And there was me thinking 'that must have been photoshopped!' LOL

Glad you said that about the French, although I would think there's a lot of folk on this site who'd agree with your (and our) feelings about them. I always wonder where folk must go to meet all the rude ones they talk about (you know so we can avoid that place) :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1: although I have got this sneaky suspicion that it might not work quite like that!

8. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Look good:thumb:

SEE HERE