Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Herne, Herne Bay, Kent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Exec
Exp
20 years
Hi all just bought a trigano tribute as needed to downsize. I'm looking to put a bike carrier on the back. Does anyone know if the Thule folding bike carrier 931 will go on a towbar of the van? Many thanks Ann

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Ann

What van are you fitting it to, I have the same bike carrier and the only vehicle I have ever had issues with it fitting was a 4x4 with a spare wheel on the back !

Anthony

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have just bought the thule 931 from Rose bikes in Germany and saved £80 at least as we got the cover free. Fits nicelyon the towbar. Tilts easily but about 1cm too high to open van doors. Bikes fit fairly easily, still have to rotate one handlebar to avoid hitting back of van. I dont think even the atera strada 3 is low enough for the doors to open, only really a problem at ferry terminals if they wanted to check boot. Our gas tap is inside van fortunately. Mr Judgemental has an amazing device on the back of his van but it is very expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Agreed, possibly not the best model if you want rear door access, which is obviously not a concern for us (currently anyway), but it does tilt away from the vehicle when loaded so it may work. I think there may be other Atera models which swing away rather than tilt though, which may also be worth a look.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back