BigFoot Levellers Not Working (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My control panel is showing no lights. on my 2004 GB Landau. I have traced the wiring as much as I can and checked everything is plugged in tight at the sensor. But nothing, there is just no power getting to the panel. Anyone any ideas

Thanks in anticipation

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs, you have had motorhomes longer than I, but son-in-law had same problem with Ace Milano, he had checked all fuses and connections, nothing. Having a root around and found a 40 Amp in-line fuse tucked away down behind Battery.
Just a thought. It has to be something simple?

Good luck.

Don

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I never did get the hang of sucking eggs:Smile: and besides I am mechanically and electronically deficient ::bigsmile: That said I have been looking for just such a fuse, but its a jungle in there:Eeek:::bigsmile:

Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs, you have had motorhomes longer than I, but son-in-law had same problem with Ace Milano, he had checked all fuses and connections, nothing. Having a root around and found a 40 Amp in-line fuse tucked away down behind Battery.
Just a thought. It has to be something simple?

Good luck.

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Jim
I have found the installation manual on the Bigfoot site
Link Removed
It refers to a breaker switch - have you found one anywhere?

Failing that, perhaps get on to Quadra manufacturing who make the Bigfoot jacks, they are extremely helpful :Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Linda, I had found a manual but it was for a later model. Your link is to the correct one:thumb:. No luck so far, the manual says a breaker switch will be near the battery, but it aint, I will have to remove more dash so I can see more jungle:Eeek:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Having removed the rest of the dash to expose the "jungle" - if you go poking around just remember to use a screwdriver rather than a machete :Sad: Otherwise the end result could be a trifle sad. :Sad::Sad:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
If I know Jim he will pull back a piece of the panel and shove a small child in to go looking for him! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
More egg sucking I am afraid Jim.....
Are either of the battery disconnect switches in the off position? On ours the batteries need to be switched on before the levellers will operate and the ignition needs to be ON.
Let me know

Keith

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
On mine the footbrake (handbrake you operate with your foot) needs to be applied as well.

According to the bigfoot manual the 120amp breaker is auto-reset, if its been wired correctly I would expect the breaker to be close to the batteries not under the Dash.

Olley

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sian wanted to wash the RV inside and out prior to Newbury, so I moved it to an area closer to a hose point, she also wanted the slides out for a thorough clean inside. Its on a bit of a slope so i got the chocks sorted and then went to use the jacks. Dead,

I have had the dash off, been under and over, checked a hundred fuses, cursed and checked them again. posted here and on half a dozen US forums, even sent texts to Duncan, and then I realised.

My master battery switch was off :Blush::Blush::whistle:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
To err is human. Just makes you a better human than most!!

All you've got to do now is work out where all the screws go back:ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Doug

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
He can't put the screws back until he finds the missing breaker :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
You couldn't make it up! :ROFLMAO: or, did you just to keep the FUN rolling :winky:
Keith

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
In another place, we have a special award for these times that we call HFWPOH moments.

HFWPOH = hit forehead with palm of hand.

If we're honest, we'll all admit that we've had these moments at one time or another.

Glad you got it figured out Jim and you can feel good about having added to the annals of motorhome technical knowledge.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You couldn't make it up! :ROFLMAO: or, did you just to keep the FUN rolling :winky:
Keith

Trust me when i say it wasn't fun at the time, I might be able to laugh about it tomorrow:Smile: My investigation in to who threw the master battery switch is ongoing, I think one of the kids might crack under the next interrogation:ROFLMAO:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
More egg sucking I am afraid Jim.....
Are either of the battery disconnect switches in the off position? On ours the batteries need to be switched on before the levellers will operate and the ignition needs to be ON.
Let me know

Keith

Sian wanted to wash the RV inside and out prior to Newbury, so I moved it to an area closer to a hose point, she also wanted the slides out for a thorough clean inside. Its on a bit of a slope so i got the chocks sorted and then went to use the jacks. Dead,

I have had the dash off, been under and over, checked a hundred fuses, cursed and checked them again. posted here and on half a dozen US forums, even sent texts to Duncan, and then I realised.

My master battery switch was off :Blush::Blush::whistle:

You are very welcome mate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I would love to give you the credit Keith but I only saw your post after I had sussed it and then posted about it. THEN I saw your post above mine and was even more embarrassed that you had sussed it from 200 miles away:Blush:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
BigFoot ............ Not Working. YES I AM!:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back