Big water leak

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by bandit, Jun 8, 2013.

1. bandit

bandit Funster

Afternoon all,on this glorious day,went away on thursday after work got back lunchtime today,weather superb.Down side my fresh water tank as sprung a bad leak.I rang Star Spangled Spanner,he could not do any thing,Ive tried sealing itbut to no avail.So some sujestive input would be grately received..everybody av a nice week end.:Smile::Angry:THE BANDIT

2. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Hi Bandit
    For a quick temporary repair you could try EVO-STIK Plumbers Mate...It's an epoxy putty seals under water and is for pipes,tanks etc, I've used it pretty good you can get from most DIY places and some Tesco shops stock it
    When you get home dry the tank out and repair it with Arraldite resin if the hole isn't too big.

Good Luck :thumb:

3. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

plumbers mate isnt much good for sealing holes its more for sealing waste fittings and as a bedding for taps
    its goiing to depend on whats actually leaking a hole in the tank can be filled with araldite or similar but unless youve been cross country its more likely to be a pipe or tank connector thats worked loose that will need refixing or replacing

4. bandit

bandit Funster

thx Tony

Hi tony,thanks for the thread,im afraid its a bit more than a hole,its leaking like sieve,out of many holes.Sent C.A.K tanks an email to see if they can put an after market tank in,So i will av to use potable water tank for the moment.Thx again Tony.:thumb:

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Fiamma tank any good?
    Fiamma 70 Litre Fresh Water Tank

The Fiamma 70 Litre Fresh Water Tank made of non-toxic material. It can be installed either vertically or horizontally. Comes complete with all necessary fittings for installation.
    Water inlet pipe size Ø38mm and air outlet Ø13mm. 70 Litre capacity tank ideal for conversions or replacement. Comes Complete with fixings
    Size: 700mm Width x 240mm Height x 470mm Depth

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

you are thinking of different stuff with the same name
    http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/Plumbers-Mait-Quick-Leak-Repair-Putty-/128

• Like Like x 1
  7. Terry

Terry Funster

That's quite a good price Peter :thumb: less the funsters discount of course :BigGrin:
    terry

8. bandit

bandit Funster

thanks Peter

I might av to resort to the fiama tank,if C.A.K cant come up with something.I wont know till they get back to me.Thanks again for your imput.:thumb:.THE BANDIT,aka PHIL

9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

gf fabrications in hull will make any tank to order very reasonable and fast service im sure they could copy your original

11. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

always good to know about companies that can do bespoke work. often off the shelf parts just dont match original parts

12. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

when reinstalling the tank, whether repaired or replaced, add a sheet of aluminium chequer plate to the underside to protect from damage from beneath

13. bandit

bandit Funster

Thanks Papajon

THanks for that useful thread,ive bookmarked it,also a good idea to put cheqer plate on bottom stop damage.I will look into it tomorrow.Thanks again everybody,who has given me a lot of useful info,i will keep you posted how im doin.This is what forums are all about,people giving info,much appreciated.:thumb:...THE BANDIT,aka Phil