Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
A big thank you to the team at Vanbitz who fitted my alarm today. The jobs superb and I now feel ultra safe! :thumb:
Such a professional outfit, I'd highly recommend.
All I have to remember now is to turn the alarm off before I open the door in the morning or I'll be waking the whole of Cornish farm up!!:Doh:

OP
OP
Branston1080

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi Jim

Yes Funster discount included and gratefully received! Yet another great reason to be a fully paid up Funster!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The jobs superb and I now feel ultra safe! :thumb:

But you are not.

An alarm is just a scarecrow unless you can guarantee a rapid response from The Law. Park somewhere isolated and go for a long walk and it will not make any difference.

Read Jim's security handbook.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
But you are not.

An alarm is just a scarecrow unless you can guarantee a rapid response from The Law. Park somewhere isolated and go for a long walk and it will not make any difference.

Read Jim's security handbook.

What you luddites :winky: keep missing is that Vehicle crime is falling significantly across Europe with the improvement of alarms, immobilisers and tracking systems.

Ten motorhomes in a Aire, one with external LED's blinking away all round, security loop around the bikes and trailers, WARNING stickers around each lock and international warning stickers in five European languages, and nine with the windows and blinds up and no external LED's so could be but probably isn't alarmed. Which one gets burgled first?

We have been installing our Strikeback and Growler systems since 1990 We have literally tens of thousands of motorhomes driving around with our security systems and a huge number of our customers are repeat customers, who must get a sense of security with a good alarm system fitted.

Its a bit like a few years ago at a show and some one not on our stand but "heckling" said to his mate

"Waste of time those alarms, no one takes any notice of them"

Given that I get fed up hearing this nonsense and that I was talking to potential customers I had to challenge this.

"Why do you say that? " I asked

"Well, he said (looking at his two mates either side for a little support) "We were in Stratford yesterday and when we got off the bus, there was a car with an alarm sounding and no one took any notice of it!"

"What time I asked"

" 'bout midday" came the agreed response.

"Did you say a car? What colour was it? I asked

"Yea, a car, it was blue"

"Was it parked with other cars?" I asked

"Yes, on the street"

"what colour were the cars either side of it?" I asked

"I dunno, what's that got to do with anything?"

"well" I said, "Your opening gambit was that no one takes any notice of alarm systems, yet, we now all know that yesterday, in Stratford, by the bus station, a blue car was parked, on a Street, around Midday with the alarm sounding, you didn't notice the colour of the surrounding cars, yet were having a conversation now about somthing that you "didn't notice"

He walked off:winky:

If you were walking along the road trying door handles and you triggered an alarm, would you put your hands up in the air and shout "It was me, call the Police or carry on walking?

Eddie

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What you luddites :winky: keep missing is
Eddie

A predictable response.

I challenged his mindset not your alarm.

If he thinks just fitting an excellent alarm makes him immune to crime he's set himself up for tears. With that mindset he may ignore sensible precautions and it can end in disaster.

Don't get me wrong Eddie, I'm not criticizing your alarm one bit, it does just what you say, I'm just prodding the OP not to get complacent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
A predictable response.

I challenged his mindset not your alarm.

If he thinks just fitting an excellent alarm makes him immune to crime he's set himself up for tears. With that mindset he may ignore sensible precautions and it can end in disaster.

Don't get me wrong Eddie, I'm not criticizing your alarm one bit, it does just what you say, I'm just prodding the OP not to get complacent.

Hilldweller, is right of course. Just having an alarm fitted doesn't eliminate the use of common sense, nor the dangers of parking in areas that are obviously not safe.

It is an aide to security, not a 24/7 security guard :winky: You need to buy Jim's other book for that :roflmto:

Regards

Eddie

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just having an alarm fitted doesn't eliminate the use of common sense, nor the dangers of parking in areas that are obviously not safe.

Eddie

One of the first things I did was install an alarm. Not as good as yours I'm sure but it does monitor the doors when we are asleep and that is when I really do not want to be burgled.

When away from the van, it would be mega annoying and could ruin a holiday, but we'd survive that.

But get some "New European Union thug" in there with us, no thank you. I want the lights on inside and out and a load of noise. My alarm does this as I'm sure yours does.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back