Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
V112

Hi Alan

V112 Page 2 Para b Refers to Track Laying Vehicles! I presume you mean Para c Articulated Vehicles Not Buses/Trucks!! or have calderleisure brought out a new model:ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats it gave my last form to someone else .was trying to work from memory. looks like a good one what do you think?

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
awe bless alan

I apologise for being finiky was just looking a bit bemused, its a whole mine field. and with vosa they can really mess you day up big time, weather you are driving a car/van caravan/motorhome/5 wheel .

me an debs are up from sussex, in cambridge this week end, just ordered our Forestriver Wildcat 31THSB 5th Wheel and are there tomorrow test driving a 2005
GMC 2500HD from Paul at crosscountryuk.net

Who i can only praise for the standard of service he has show

Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Thanks for trying to clarify things but I am still confused over MOT requirement as I was under the impression that trailers over 3500 k GVW needed an MOT, the examiners comments about extending rear view mirrors seems strange as these are a legal requirement - certainly on narrower euro pickups.As far as awnings are concerned I am under the impression that they would have to be permanently fixed to the vehicle to be included in the width and would use this argument, as i would think that I could remove mine in half an hour or so. Until something happens to clarify things, like being examined by VOSA, I will just carry on enjoying the 5er.

I am still confused over the weight thing as well, I thought that I was over weight for train weight as my GVWR for the pick up and the 5'er exceeded 7000 kgs (my plated train weight) and yet this did not seem to register really.

Regarding the width issue, I think that if I had been advised that I was over width I would not have argued but that is a matter of choice I guess:thumb:

I am now non plussed re the MOT, still I have 2.5 years to ponder it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rob

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I apologise for being finiky was just looking a bit bemused, its a whole mine field. and with vosa they can really mess you day up big time, weather you are driving a car/van caravan/motorhome/5 wheel .

me an debs are up from sussex, in cambridge this week end, just ordered our Forestriver Wildcat 31THSB 5th Wheel and are there tomorrow test driving a 2005
GMC 2500HD from Paul at crosscountryuk.net

Who i can only praise for the standard of service he has show

Tony

I would second Paul (and Avril) for their service.

Good luck on the test drive:thumb::thumb:

Rob

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
width issue

Hi Rob

the bottom line with the width issue is that if it says that it should be 7' 6" then thats what it needs to be and they take into any items that stick out, ie, awnings. if a caravan should be 7.6 and it aint they could make you remove the awning. I had this on a coach. during the summer as in the UK. In europe the vosa like teams are out in force and will take over a full service area to do there checks.

Yes Paul is a diamond and very helpful. Wont say too many nice things as i know that he reads this forum, and he might put the price up. I took notice what you said regarding self import but Id rather paul did it then any headaches are his so to speak.

Tony

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Please give info. about crosscountryuk.net they seem a useful contact for future ref. same as Edmunds -i keep looking ! Typed the croosscountry.net into google got zilch. Even more confused Alan:Doh:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi rob ,3.500 gvw on truck . trailer weighs more .doesnt matter as pick up doesnt weigh 3,500 train is weight of truck empty or loaded +trailer .if its not 7,000 its ok .if your truck is fully laden then you are in trouble..mine weighs under 3,000kg train originally 9,800kg. i can voluntary downplate the train to 8,250kg .thats all ok. i hope this makes sense. i still say get a bigger wt truck makes life simpler.

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
www.crosscountryuk.net

His name is Paul it will come up as motorhome rentals located Mildenhall, Suffolk he has units and pickups on his web site

Tony

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
silly me :Doh:just spent last 20 mins. on there after re-trying they look to have some good stuff -never heard of them before tonight .A good place to look for everyone as its an informative site most are tedious

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
silly me :Doh:just spent last 20 mins. on there after re-trying they look to have some good stuff -never heard of them before tonight .A good place to look for everyone as its an informative site most are tedious

I would agree, I could not have imported my 5'er without Paul and Avril's help.

The web site does cover loads of the things that they do, but not all. Best to have a chat with Paul. I did and it was well worthwhile.

Link below (and I hope I am not in trouble for posting it :thumb::thumb:)

Link Removed

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back