womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The Big Pitch Guide is now Defunct and although not an RV we have a 9 metre Concorde
So was wondering if any one has a copy they no longer use they could sell/give:thumb:

OP
OP
womblevra

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
spoke to them on phone,They sold it to a publishing company who are doing nothing with it :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Big pitch guide was sold and eventually became Park Up magazine. This turned out to be the most amateur affair, they even nicked photos (mine) for the front page.:roflmto: Rather than the labour of love that the Big Pitch Guide used to be, it became an A5 rag produced to about the same professional level and a small church newsletter. Consequently, after taking quite a few subscriptions it disappeared.

One of the strengths of the BPG was that the owner kept it up to date, it is now woefully out of date and not worth bothering with. There will be a digital version out soon, and it will be free to RV Owners Club members.

OP
OP
womblevra

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I know a lot of it will be out of date but
like an old copy of all the aires would be quite useful as quite a few of the sites will still have larger pitches and importantly for us decent black waste disposal:Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Begars belief why anyone would go to the expense of buying a business and purposely run it down. Especially one with no assets to strip.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I know a lot of it will be out of date but
like an old copy of all the aires would be quite useful as quite a few of the sites will still have larger pitches and importantly for us decent black waste disposal:Smile:

try the link in my signature.. it has a map of the aires and sites we used with a 36ft RV + trailer

If you want the pois for sat nav just ask

OP
OP
womblevra

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
They probably saw a fast buck in a printed version then realised the work behind the scenes in keeping it up to date:Sad::Sad:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There is no money in a printed version or I'd print one. Less than 500 people would buy it, and it would need to be priced at about £120 a copy to make a small profit. Seriously.

OP
OP
womblevra

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
try the link in my signature.. it has a map of the aires and sites we used with a 36ft RV + trailer

If you want the pois for sat nav just ask

Will do nearer to going away
may even try to put something together from my upcoming trials and tribulations:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know your'e a member of the RV Owners club, ask away for specific locations. Between them they know most everywhere you can park an RV

OP
OP
womblevra

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It`s not so much the larger pitches-its not that much longer than our previous TAG axle Hobby
more the fact that it has a black waste holding tank that would prove difficult to empty in most CDP`s

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just thought I'd add that your van is not so big. You'll see the Germans park them up in the tightest spots. You will get on regular sites and aires no problem, but LOOK OUT FOR TREES. Your motorhome is high. Many RVers carry saws on a long pole and we've used one more than once. Height issues aside, most times in an RV it was rarely the length that got me into bother. (I like Jim, towed a trailer around Europe too - total 44ft long) It is the width, RV's are W_I_D_E Your Concorde is much narrower than an RV

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It`s not so much the larger pitches-its not that much longer than our previous TAG axle Hobby
more the fact that it has a black waste holding tank that would prove difficult to empty in most CDP`s

In my experience not many sites or aires have nice drive over black waste disposal..

have you thought about a macerator and or a waste hog ?

The macertor will easily pump waste 50 ft or more.. the hog can be used when you are too far away.. or want to empty without moving from the pitch

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is no money in a printed version or I'd print one. Less than 500 people would buy it, and it would need to be priced at about £120 a copy to make a small profit. Seriously.

I fully believe it. That's why Motorhome Parking has always been on-line only. Anyone creating a new BPG could publish on-line for hobby costs.

OP
OP
womblevra

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
In my experience not many sites or aires have nice drive over black waste disposal..

have you thought about a macerator and or a waste hog ?

The macertor will easily pump waste 50 ft or more.. the hog can be used when you are too far away.. or want to empty without moving from the pitch
Its got a macerator but its on the flush side not the emptying, tried using a waste container but dropped the breather cap down the hole:Blush::Blush:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Agree with both Jims. No problem length wise, and get a macerator and 100ft of old garden hose. Thats just what I have always done.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We used a macerator and various lengths of lay flat hose and I made up short hose to fill a waste hog when necessary. Used that system for several years in Europe and Morocco when we had a RV never had a problem.:thumb:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Jim,
The Big pitch guide was sold and eventually became Park Up magazine. This turned out to be the most amateur affair, they even nicked photos (mine) for the front page.:roflmto: Rather than the labour of love that the Big Pitch Guide used to be, it became an A5 rag produced to about the same professional level and a small church newsletter. Consequently, after taking quite a few subscriptions it disappeared.

One of the strengths of the BPG was that the owner kept it up to date, it is now woefully out of date and not worth bothering with. There will be a digital version out soon, and it will be free to RV Owners Club members.

Jim, I see this post was made March 2014, hows the RVOC digital version going?
fl.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back