Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its going to be a lovely weekend the sun is shining and I have a dilemma;

1, I have a backlog of stuff to do in the office that I really need to get done before I swan off to Peterborough.:Sad:

2, I promised I would clean the barn out, which will entail numerous 12 mile round trips to the dump.:whatthe:

3, I fancy parking up and wildcamping at Amroth, catch a few mackerel and get them on the barbie before they stop twitching (delicious)::bigsmile:

Decisions, decisions..... I let you know what happens..

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads

1, I have a backlog of stuff to do in the office that I really need to get done before I swan off to Peterborough.:Sad:

2, I promised I would clean the barn out, which will entail numerous 12 mile round trips to the dump.:whatthe:

3, I fancy parking up and wildcamping at Amroth, catch a few mackerel and get them on the barbie before they stop twitching (delicious)::bigsmile:

Obviously option 3!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Leave the barn, that'll still be there when you get back a) from Amroth and b) from Peterborough. Do the paperwork if you must. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The barn and the office will still be there next week, but the sun and the mackerel may not be , I know what I would do, FISHING :thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Get in the van and go:thumb:

If the families to slow let them deal with the barn etc:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I often tell Sarah if she's not ready by time X me and the dog will go without her:Blush::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Amroth - Caught my first ever fish there.

Bit early for mackerel though I think.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

Ok In order of Preference.

1) Backlog means it will be there tomorrow, the day after that and even the day after that, so it will be there when you get back from Peterborough.

2)Big mistake, you will have all Easter to do rubbish jobs like that, and who needs a barn anyway? are you thinking of having a dance in there? no thought not so don't bother. Who did you promise? Sian? well say no more, see you at the tip then :roflmto:

3)Jim, I have known you over 4 years now, And in that time I have witnessed one thing, the chance of you catching a Mackrell with a fishing rod is about as remote a possibility as JJ's Man city turning over Rolf's Man United next weekend,

So in other words, get the Barn done or your arse will get kicked by the Missus

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Caught them in April before, we have a 2 seat canoe (sit-on-top) I row and my boy feathers, if they are around we are not normally fishing long, too busy eating::bigsmile: But if you don't make a catch a beer on a beach makes up for it:Smile:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years

A bit early for mackeral in this neck of the wood Jim, but looking foreward to a couople twitching on my Cadac this summer :Smile:...........Del

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Option 3, Jim its obvious.

Can you not put a few late nights in during the week in the office to catch up.

Which we had a barn to clear out and we need something like that in the future.

Pat

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads

Blimey, that's a coincidence, so did I, although it was in a little stream in a wood rather than the sea. A beautiful (and probably illegal!) trout, which my aunt cooked for me.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Caught them in April before, we have a 2 seat canoe (sit-on-top) I row and my boy feathers, if they are around we are not normally fishing long, too busy eating::bigsmile: But if you don't make a catch a beer on a beach makes up for it:Smile:

That sounds great. Good luck

Not at all jealous by the way:RollEyes:

If you have no luck with the feathers there are plenty of razor fish down there - killer bait at times:thumb:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I suggest that you bribe the kids and their friends to clear the barn out whilst you go fishing.

Paperwork can be done anytime (take it with you if you really need to do it this weekend)

Enjoy the weekend.

Sonja

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Option 3 :thumb: You know it makes sense. :roflmto:

Mick

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
No dilemma Jim, obvious.

Option 3

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
I would think you need to go to the pub to think long and hard about the decision you need to make, a nice quiet beer garden would do :thumb::beer::wine:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
the sun waiteth for no man to finish his work, catch it whilst you can :winky:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
1. Office backlog isn't going anywhere. Do it when you are back with a fresh mind, or do it now with point three a reward to getting on with it.

2. Yes, you promised to clean out the barn - no mention of when, so do it when you get back.

3. The fishing can be a reward to getting through all, or at least breaking the back of your backlog.

You can then have your BBQ and enjoy your fish with your wife, on a nice summers eve, and tell her how you will be tackling the barn after Peterborough as you hate having to leave a job half done, and want to do it properly!:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Jim really hope you n Sian have loaded up the van and on your way to Amroth :thumb:

Have a great time....... Enjoy life while you can ......

Refreshed on your return the work will be much easier and done quicker

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Drag the cr*p out of the barn and light-it, bbq mackeral over ensuing conflageration.
Multitasking, simples :thumb:

cheers...nige

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back