BF Club Voyage Discount info. (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

After giving my Voyage code to a Funster, he came back after contacting BF to tell me that he had been given 5% discount on his fare. He wasn't complaining, just wanted to thank me and mentioned it in passing. I thought (wrongly) that 'Friends and Family' got 10% off but it seems I am wrong.

Apparently, (and even the Rep. at BF didn't know this,) the computer at BF decides how much the discount should be depending on passenger numbers etc. and in this case awarded 5%.
Whilst it does state on their Website that the discount is "Up to 10%" I wouldn't want anyone to be under the impression that it was an automatic 10%.
It may be that, in the past, the "UP TO" was in the small print but they gave 10% anyhow but not now.

For Info.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
There are two different Club Voyage schemes - the French scheme and the Spain scheme.
i THINK the way it works is if you are a member of the Spain scheme the F&F discount on Spain crossings is 10% but the discount on France crossings is 5%.
Vice versa if you are a member of the France scheme.
But i may be mistaken.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I recently booked and got 10% so it seems its luck of the draw but anything off is worth having imo I can spend that saving on more fuel and that I like . Oh and that was from le Havre to Portsmouth..

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
There are two different Club Voyage schemes - the French scheme and the Spain scheme.
i THINK the way it works is if you are a member of the Spain scheme the F&F discount on Spain crossings is 10% but the discount on France crossings is 5%.
Vice versa if you are a member of the France scheme.
But i may be mistaken.

In their T&C's it doesn't differentiate between the two schemes, it says "up to". As previously stated, even their Rep. was somewhat surprised.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
In any case, '' up to '' is exactly that - any % between 1% & 10% :)

God, MH, you are an optimist(y).
I don't suppose it has to be whole numbers, it might even be 0.5% or even worse.:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back