Beyond excited...

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Fifiwi, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Fifiwi

Fifiwi Funster

We have just had a photo of our Motorhome...it's on the ferry from Le Havre as I type!

I have been lurking and browsing these forums for a few weeks now...but it now feels so real. Money has been spent, and the MH will be ready to collect soon.

What is it? It's a Hymer B544. We'd been concentrating our search on fixed single beds with a garage, but, having seen a B544 in the flesh- we decided this was the layout for us. I am slightly worried that most people seem to find their ideal layout after trying a few different vans...oh well, we'll give it a go!

When it arrives, I fear there will be a rejig of the driveway pecking order. My little car may end up parked on next door's driveway. Our lovely neighbour has offered space- she has room for 2 vehicles, and doesn't drive.
    Not sure what the going rate is for driveway parking? Can that be my first daft question?

• Like Like x 2
  2. YukonJac

YukonJac Funster

Awww, you are very understandably excited! Congratulations on a very nice van.
    Try looking at this site - and there are a couple of other similars - to give you an idea of what people can get for letting out their parking space;
    http://www.parkonmydrive.com

3. Rob and Val

Rob and Val Funster

You could perhaps offer to repay your neighbour's kindness by doing something for her? Mowing the lawn in season or taking her to a supermarket for shopping once a week might be appreciated more than money. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Viennese

Viennese Funster

When I parked my van on a friend's driveway I paid her £30 a month...

5. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Oh I can sense your excitement from here, when it arrives I expect you will have a few questions, ask away (y) 544 is a good all around Motorhome nice choice.

6. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

I bet you can't wait! Hope all your trips are great your first one will be exciting and nerve wracking but well worth it! Good luck when it arrives and enjoy!!:)

7. Fifiwi

Fifiwi Funster

A quick Thank you for the quick replies. I'm just off to work in a mo, but Thanks for the parking link, Yukonjak..The nearest I could find were in Southampton, £5 a day, near city centre. Rob and Val, I like the idea of bartering. She has a niece who helps with the garden, but we could do it more regularly. I will ask her when I next see her. Thanks, all, for the words of encouragement. It's quite a learning curve..new to all this, but raring to go!

• Like Like x 1
  8. kcy

kcy Funster

How exciting, have fun.
    We keep our MH in a lockup storage place about 10 miles away, out of chose, but what a kind offer from next door.