Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
We have just had a photo of our Motorhome...it's on the ferry from Le Havre as I type!

I have been lurking and browsing these forums for a few weeks now...but it now feels so real. Money has been spent, and the MH will be ready to collect soon.

What is it? It's a Hymer B544. We'd been concentrating our search on fixed single beds with a garage, but, having seen a B544 in the flesh- we decided this was the layout for us. I am slightly worried that most people seem to find their ideal layout after trying a few different vans...oh well, we'll give it a go!

When it arrives, I fear there will be a rejig of the driveway pecking order. My little car may end up parked on next door's driveway. Our lovely neighbour has offered space- she has room for 2 vehicles, and doesn't drive.
Not sure what the going rate is for driveway parking? Can that be my first daft question?

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
You could perhaps offer to repay your neighbour's kindness by doing something for her? Mowing the lawn in season or taking her to a supermarket for shopping once a week might be appreciated more than money. Just a thought.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We have just had a photo of our Motorhome...it's on the ferry from Le Havre as I type!

I have been lurking and browsing these forums for a few weeks now...but it now feels so real. Money has been spent, and the MH will be ready to collect soon.

What is it? It's a Hymer B544. We'd been concentrating our search on fixed single beds with a garage, but, having seen a B544 in the flesh- we decided this was the layout for us. I am slightly worried that most people seem to find their ideal layout after trying a few different vans...oh well, we'll give it a go!

When it arrives, I fear there will be a rejig of the driveway pecking order. My little car may end up parked on next door's driveway. Our lovely neighbour has offered space- she has room for 2 vehicles, and doesn't drive.
Not sure what the going rate is for driveway parking? Can that be my first daft question?
When I parked my van on a friend's driveway I paid her £30 a month...

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh I can sense your excitement from here, when it arrives I expect you will have a few questions, ask away (y) 544 is a good all around Motorhome nice choice.

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I bet you can't wait! Hope all your trips are great your first one will be exciting and nerve wracking but well worth it! Good luck when it arrives and enjoy!!:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
A quick Thank you for the quick replies. I'm just off to work in a mo, but Thanks for the parking link, Yukonjak..The nearest I could find were in Southampton, £5 a day, near city centre. Rob and Val, I like the idea of bartering. She has a niece who helps with the garden, but we could do it more regularly. I will ask her when I next see her. Thanks, all, for the words of encouragement. It's quite a learning curve..new to all this, but raring to go!

Upvote 0

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012

How exciting, have fun.
We keep our MH in a lockup storage place about 10 miles away, out of chose, but what a kind offer from next door.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back