bewarw at blue bank yorkshire (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
It is OK Craig :thumb: on my first reading I was trying to think of a Ramsey near to or in Whitby but could not /did not know of any place near to Whitby ::bigsmile: I was not sure if I had missed a place near to Whitby that I did not know about ::bigsmile:

No probs Terry.

Craig

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
Hi all watch out if wilding at blue bank as was up there friday night 29th april and there was some (i can only take it locals) that thought it funny to throw eggs at my van

Got egged at Southsea a couple of weeks back when there for an 8 month 'family return' to come in from the Gulf, near the RM Museum, not in view of houses and a late arrival and apart from lots of joggers and a few late nighters on the beach wonder why the suspect vehicle that parked 30 or so yds away on a deserted sea front except me, vehicle wise, decided to go away and waste fuel and the cost of 2 eggs to come back and throw them. Didn't notice until next morning so the insulation must have been good!

I heard Southsea was ok but the night before the road outside Morrisons near the Trafalgar Gate in Pompey sandwiched in between two lorries was far more peacefull! Dinner at Morrisons was good value but their carpark has a two hour limit.

On the subject of eggs, perhaps the automotive industry should look at using eggs instead of lacquer for paint finsihes, far tougher!! :roflmto:

Last edited:
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Please don't let this put you off visiting God's own County. Unfortunately Dickheads like these are all over the place its just a matter of luck as to whether you ever have to cross swords with them. As ever be careful where you stay, don't leave yourselves vulnerable where ever it might be.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
debbn? DEBBN??? Oi don'be goin there m'ansome, bleddy place is full of they there english, NO! oi'll stick down 'ere with all the Polish:RollEyes: At least them do speek proper:winky:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
debbn? DEBBN??? Oi don'be goin there m'ansome, bleddy place is full of they there english, NO! oi'll stick down 'ere with all the Polish:RollEyes: At least them do speek proper:winky:

Buggrd if em do
arf carn tell Oggies from Tiddy Oggies, from Pasties :Eeek::Eeek: ??
cannem?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi all watch out if wilding at blue bank as was up there friday night 29th april and there was some (i can only take it locals) that thought it funny to throw eggs at my van waking me and the wife and then tearing off down the hill with no lights on and then about ten minutes later coming back up the hill and about to stop when i turned all my lights on making them drive off so we decided to leave i can only describe the car/pickup as 4x4 blue/green toyota type so wont be going to yorkshire again if thats the way they want to treat us ill spend my money somewhere else it is a shame as like to go to whitby quite alot

so where is this place i love a good fight while since i had on mind i have a cunning plan

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Hi Ralph,I cannot say for others but we carry loads of food and drink :thumb: but it does not stop us eating out in a pub,restaurant ,cafe,or chippy ::bigsmile:We tend to eat what we fancy at the time or if we see a nice looking place to eat in we go and try it :thumb: Sometimes good and not so good :ROFLMAO:Wild camping for us is just a matter of choice :thumb: if we feel it's a nice spot to camp then we do it :thumb: just the same as if we were on a site.:thumb:Money is the last thing that comes up/thought about.:ROFLMAO:
:Eeek: A couple of weeks back we stayed on Abbots House farm at Goathland :ROFLMAO:we parked up had a couple of beers then went to pay,the robbing barstweward charged us £20 for the night :Eeek::Eeek::cry: and his site is not a patch on 7-10 wild camping spots within about 3 miles :ROFLMAO:-- plus I know a pub within 10 miles where you can park for nothing if you have a couple of drinks or a meal (nice meals as well :Doh:):winky:
terry
hello terry can you please tell us were you can wild camp around goathland and and were the pub is were you can park up ? thanks

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Hi Ralph,I cannot say for others but we carry loads of food and drink :thumb: but it does not stop us eating out in a pub,restaurant ,cafe,or chippy ::bigsmile:We tend to eat what we fancy at the time or if we see a nice looking place to eat in we go and try it :thumb: Sometimes good and not so good :ROFLMAO:Wild camping for us is just a matter of choice :thumb: if we feel it's a nice spot to camp then we do it :thumb: just the same as if we were on a site.:thumb:Money is the last thing that comes up/thought about.:ROFLMAO:
:Eeek: A couple of weeks back we stayed on Abbots House farm at Goathland :ROFLMAO:we parked up had a couple of beers then went to pay,the robbing barstweward charged us £20 for the night :Eeek::Eeek::cry: and his site is not a patch on 7-10 wild camping spots within about 3 miles :ROFLMAO:-- plus I know a pub within 10 miles where you can park for nothing if you have a couple of drinks or a meal (nice meals as well :Doh:):winky:
terry
hello terry can you please tell us were you can wild camp around goathland and and were the pub is were you can park up ? thanks

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010

Sorry to jump in, but try this place.
I have stayed there and if you are having a few beers and a meal they will let you park.
It's out on the moors in the middle of nowhere and the views are brilliant.

www.lionblakey.co.uk

You will be wilding in the car park, but if you park as far from the pub as you can you are never bothered. Own facilities a must when the pub is shut. They may ask for a fiver or so, but don't often bother. :thumb:

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Gromit, you can park in several places at the top of Bluebank and a little lower down as you head towards York-a favorite spot for us is as you get to the top of BB take second rt turning towards Gothland and there are two off roadside spots one on the right and one on the left-never been botherd on either :thumb: As you drive around you will see lots of pull in places that you can spend thenight in/at:Smile:If you head towards Grosmount go over the rail crossings under the bridge and you can park in the overspill carpark in the woods :thumb: it say no overnight but if you have a word with the car park attendant and pay a couple of quid for the days parking they never object:winky: you can then walk over the railway bridge out of the station and into the pub just over the crossing on your left.
Back to Gothland you have 3 pubs with the one most people want to visit being Heartbeats Aidenfields arm's (Gothland hotel) stright across from Scripps garage:Smile:I will not go in there because yrs ago we broke down right in the bottom of the valley and the queer barstweards would not let me use there phone :Angry::Eeek:(only Orange work out there) I had to walk to the public phonebox about 500 mtrs away, needless to say I have never bought another drink in there ::bigsmile:
Terry
Edit most of the pubs with largecarparks will let you overnight if you are having a meal or a fewdrinks if you ask them (frendly lot out there)
There is also a pub about 10 mins run out of Whitby on the way to Saltburn near a dam stood back off main road (Grapes I think) Peter the landlord repairs and sells caravans, he will let you stay for a few nights with emptying point if you drink or have a meal - pub looks dingy but meals are cheap and nice

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back