bewarw at blue bank yorkshire

Discussion in 'England' started by shardav, Apr 30, 2011.

1. shardav

shardav Read Only Funster

Hi all watch out if wilding at blue bank as was up there friday night 29th april and there was some (i can only take it locals) that thought it funny to throw eggs at my van waking me and the wife and then tearing off down the hill with no lights on and then about ten minutes later coming back up the hill and about to stop when i turned all my lights on making them drive off so we decided to leave i can only describe the car/pickup as 4x4 blue/green toyota type so wont be going to yorkshire again if thats the way they want to treat us ill spend my money somewhere else it is a shame as like to go to whitby quite alot

2. rangitira

rangitira Funster

JEEZZZ!!! The bloody Cornish get that far up eh?

• Like Like x 7
  3. Terry

Terry Funster

Never had a problem there but there is a first time for everything
    terry

4. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Only when they are on remand...or about to be deported... :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Do wild campers spend more money whilst visiting an area , buying food drinks etc ? Or do they fill the fridge n cupboards up before leaving home ? Is it a case of not paying for a site therefor spending more locally ?
    Not wanting to cause a debate or anything but its always a case of " i will spend my money else where "

We use C.L's and CCC rally sites which usually dont cost more than a fiver a night and you know your not going to be moved on. Usually eating out either lunch time or evening .
    We have wild camped , but only in the middle of nowhere. If you were egged in the middle of the night it must be a popular spot for wilding , for locals to get wound up about it. Not many people carry eggs around with them .
    Seems locals who dont like the idea of wild campers , throwing eggs tooting horns IS putting people off doing it , by the looks of it. At least you didn't get your tyres slashed , like in a previous post.
    We wouldnt have been able to move on either as both of us would have had a drink:Blush:
    Must have been scary for you. Certainly putting me off doing it. Especially with having kids with us too.
    Bev

• Like Like x 5
  6. dshague

dshague Funster

stop there a lot never had a problem there .don't let them drive you away from the area
    move on up to gothland or onto moors lots of spots .plenty of cl sites around .:thumb:

7. Terry

Terry Funster

:thumb::thumb::thumb::BigGrin:
    terry

8. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Ralph,I cannot say for others but we carry loads of food and drink :thumb: but it does not stop us eating out in a pub,restaurant ,cafe,or chippy :BigGrin:We tend to eat what we fancy at the time or if we see a nice looking place to eat in we go and try it :thumb: Sometimes good and not so good :Rofl1:Wild camping for us is just a matter of choice :thumb: if we feel it's a nice spot to camp then we do it :thumb: just the same as if we were on a site.:thumb:Money is the last thing that comes up/thought about.:Rofl1:
    :Eeek: A couple of weeks back we stayed on Abbots House farm at Goathland :Rofl1:we parked up had a couple of beers then went to pay,the robbing barstweward charged us £20 for the night :Eeek::Eeek::cry: and his site is not a patch on 7-10 wild camping spots within about 3 miles :Rofl1:-- plus I know a pub within 10 miles where you can park for nothing if you have a couple of drinks or a meal (nice meals as well :Doh:):Wink:
    terry

• Like Like x 7
  9. rangitira

rangitira Funster

TYRESslashed? absolute ballderdash!!!!!!!!!! this has never been proved!!!! it was from the start a completely uninformed thread! not checked by the poster of the thread ,FROM INDEPENDENT SOURCES!

Malicious gossip! at best! :Angry:

J us s

10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I was the OP of the other thread and did so in good faith - as a caveat. Using Google just now, though, I came up with other stories Here and Here which, independently, report similar events. Of course, these independent postings could all be fabrication :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

We are currently on the CC site at Grafham Water and our friends who couldnt get on a site for love nor money are tonight staying on the car park of the Wheatsheaf pub after kindly asked the landlord if we ate there could they stay - not a problem.

Dale

• Like Like x 1
  12. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Last night I sent a message to the person who informed me about Marizion asking whether he had anything like photographs, replacement tyre receipts or police reports regarding the incident.

I've just received a reply saying:
    Unfortunately it would appear that the original report was accurate. No doubt people local to St Just/Marizion could follow it up further if they wished.

13. Squire

Squire Read Only Funster

I don't think for a minute that it would be a case of the locals getting 'wound up' about it (wild camping). It's much more likely to be a group of local youths, probably popped-up after a night in their local, thinking it hilarious to wake someone up late at night - especially if they thought the occupants were getting their leg over at the time :Blush: If they were serious they'd be throwing rocks, not eggs ! Not that I'm saying it wasn't worrying for you ... it would upset me too.

You can get much the same wherever you are, here or sur le Continent. Booze has a lot to do with it

• Like Like x 1
  14. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

I suspect that's about right.

Kids having what they consider a laugh, rather than anti-wildcamping activists.

When we were teenagers, my mates and I would go to a local 'romantic' spot in the evening and set off flashguns through the windows of the parked cars there.

Many times we were chased through the woods by irate blokes thinking we had photographed them in interesting situations.

Never got caught, though; it's hard to run with your trousers round your ankles! :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  15. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

The premise of locals being upset by wilders not spending money locally assumes that these miscreants are capable of logical and consistent thought in all areas concerned.
    Has anyone considered that we may be dealing with mindless ar***oles here, who may consider this behaviour as "just having a laugh"?
    They are about!

Just realised I've been beaten to it, so....
    Let's blame the Flying Cornish Piquets, it's easier!

16. dshague

dshague Funster

was talking to my mate bob from doncaster he was in whitby that week end and had is van egged .he moved on to robin hoods bay there was a van parked there it had been egged as the owner had been sleeping in it over night wild camping ,
    going up to whitby next week will be taking my shot gun lol

17. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

We were recently at a rally in Morecambe and Barbara had the tyres on her wheelchair slashed......... Steve will have to put scran on a shorter lead :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  18. rangitira

rangitira Funster

so....
    Let's blame the Flying Cornish Piquets, it's easier![/QUOTE]

They're everywhere! They're everywhere! OMG! Evvverrywhere! :BigGrin:

19. SUGGY

SUGGY Funster Life Member

Whitby / Goathland Wild camping

We parked on the north bay at Whitby in the car park above the Spa in December 2011 over night where there were a couple of motor homes, and heard about the problems at Blue Bank,
    we were told to use the small car park as the kids were doing do-nuts around the other car park late at night , in the end we went above Goathland and wild camped on the moor top ,

I later contacted the Inn on the Moor about Motorhome parking and the Manager said to contact him, Malcolm Simpson on 01947-896296 , NO Charge to park but it would be appreciated if you went in for a drink ..

We have also over nighted at the car par in Runswick Bay just be wary of the very steep hill !.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

Probably just us, but we never wild camp because neither of us can settle down to a good nights sleep wondering who or what is prowling around outside. There is no such thing as a quick getaway in an A-class, putting the bed away, replacing the window blinds etc, plus if you've had a drink it's a no-no anyway. Would rather spend £10-£20 safe in the knowledge that we were secure.
    As an aside, we had one of the worst nights sleep ever at the aire in Calais. I'm such a light sleeper that the engine noise from the ferries kept me awake most of the night.

• Like Like x 4