Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
:Eeek:Hi, All I have just had a heads up from friends if you are asked to call a telephone no. prefixed 0809 whatever excuse they give you DO not call back as it will cost you hundreds of pounds its a uk wide scam originating from the dominican republic :Angry:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
This has been mentioned on FB. This silly story has no legs, it has been circulating since 2006. You only need to search for 0809 hoax to find out the facts.

Oh, and if you get told that a certain month has five Fridays five Saturdays and five Sundays and it only happens once every 824 years just use your noggin to figure out if that could be true. Of course every time the first of a 31 day month starts with a Friday there is a very good chance there will be five Friday Satuday and Sundays in it. A very good chance indeed.

OP
OP
mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
phone scams

Hi, Bernardfeay I personally do not use fb so I am not up to date with these things but its good to know that some are aware of this type of thing but I think its best to be forewarned as in todays world there are many scams as I see daily from my e mail junk :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Hello Mike, you are wise to avoid facebook. Mine is full of drivel and I ought to be more tolerant.

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
http://www.snopes.com/ is an excellent reference for myth-busting. Personally, I hate these kind of stories. Life isn't about fear and paranoia, which is what all these myth-makers want us to believe. And which is reinforced every time someone passes them on 'just to make you aware'. Don't do it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back