dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello to all ?
just on to let you all now about a scam that is i think now has ended after i contacted ebay ? who at first told me that the seller was good for what he was telling me ? then still not happy with item and seller i contacted ebay again they then told me it was a SPOOF AD and not to go through with the sale , ddddddddddd as if i wasnt already on that ? anyway the ad is for a ?????
K REG SWIFT KONTIKI , 68,000 MILES FAMILY MOTORHOME an all that crap ? but i got all ebay transactions , which i later found they did not come from ebay so everyone beware the more we tell other people the more people we can save from these DOGS
thanks DOGMANLPOOL (keith)::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Now this is an odd one..
This was the one just a few days ago someone found and said it would make a good starter mh
I must admit I did not look too hard as I know the van and know why they are sellig. had it almost three years and used once kinda thing.

The van is ( was ? ) parked about 14 miles from me.. The pic was taken where it is always parked ( outside on a bit of a sort of dead end road that runs outside their house )
Whilst it looked great it had suffered a bit from long lay ups and does need a fair bit of TLC to bring it back to full usability

Heard through the vine that they had pulled the ad cos it had failed the MOT on duff rear brakes.
I could not say that as I did not want to 'queer' any possible deal for them and I hadbeen told they were having the work done anyway

I have to go over to Stoke Ferry tonight and it is only a couple of miles off the main drag so will take a look to see if it is either there or if not, at the garage about a mile away who does all the villages work and MOT stuff ( proper proper place !! alloily and dirty hands and real spanners ::bigsmile: )

I shall let you know what I can

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
EBAY bargain or shed.

EBAY,yes if it is a bargain, whats wrong with that ?for instance if your buying a £10,000 M/H for £6000 or cheap,and it needs work,so what ! thats the point....you pays your money,you takes your chances... and if it costs you even a grand to sort and a bit of fuss,your still saving £3000,for some its the difference between having a 'proper' M/H and a old one or a van.
In the past i have purchaced many a vehicle including a camper,from EBAY because it needed work,as long as its stated or (with anything,even buying from a garage ) you should check it over thoroughly ! some with no MOT ,but with the failure slip,saying welding or brakes blah,blah,i could get the same vehicle 'fixed' and mot'd for a fraction that the owners/sellers could,hence their sale and my luck/work/ownership.Many legit garages etc,earn their living this way,and it would be naive to think not,have anyone been to a vehicle auctions ?most are dealers,getting rid or buying that bargain that needs X to sell on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back